Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Title for the new live album.

Re:Title for the new live album. 13 years 1 week ago #2912

• joanna
:woohoo:
How about........
"HAVE TO BE THERE" .....The live album by Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel

................Because its true.
That may work in many ways and could act as a subtle promotional strapline/slogan too.
Smile x
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Title for the new live album. 13 years 1 week ago #2913

• Cocnerebel
At Leamington Spa (a standing gig)I went to the bar during "Riding The Waves" and the timing was perfect because the final strains of "We got the feeling" were winding down as I made my way back to the front, laden with glasses. At 'arrogate I was seated so I joined in the fun. Like others (and Stewart's comment made me smile ..... my mucker has a sense of humour :ohmy: ) the Virginia Woolf track has become less than my favourite over the years, probably because it has been milked so often. But Steve knows his audience and he is seldom wrong so who can blame him for keeping it in? In the good old days of the "Cocky Rabble" we had great fun singing that song in various pubs across the land. It is somewhat ironic that it was never intended as a single because I think the promo copies of the 7 inch had "Someone's Coming" as the A side and I have never heard that track sung live.

However, having said all that, and as much as I commend Mr Raffles for the suggestion of "We Got The Feeling", why not "Riding The Waves With Steve Harley And Cockney Rebel"? That certainly describes the roller coaster of following the main man. I just have this awful doubt in my mind that it has probably been used as the title of some dodgy bootleg in the dim and distant past. Cue a search of the excellent PJ-H discography.

And (au contraire) "Riding the Waves" is most certainly not the best love song written by Steve. "Love (Compared With You)" is a timeless classic. Like a waterfall we have all been tingled by somebody's love. And we have all tried to write the line yet failed.

Unlike Steve.

In conclusion, I don't care what the CD release is called. I just want it. All three discs. And Shop would most certainly be busy in the intervals if it does come out!!!

Mike

Re:Title for the new live album. 13 years 1 week ago #2914

• Ray Smith
How about "Never the same twice"

Re:Title for the new live album. 13 years 1 week ago #2915

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
WE GOT THE FEELING is a great title Mr. Raffles (though the word "got" grates me a little :P )
What about "We're Having a Party (Live in Harrogate)"?
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Title for the new live album. 13 years 1 week ago #2916

• cheri
I LOVE Riding the Waves; it is one of my favorite Steve Harley songs. The best version I've heard is the one on "Pure and Acoustic", which I've been trying to purchase, but cannot locate it anywhere. I only heard the song on YouTube, and I was going to post the link here, but I can't find it now. :blush:

Sorry to say I don't have a good title for the new album. You guys are coming up with some good ones, though. :)

Cheri

Re:Title for the new live album. 13 years 1 week ago #2917

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
beat you to that one ray....scroll back.
but thanks for the vote for my suggestion!!!
lol
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'