Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Jack Griffin " Most Inspirational Young Person"

Re:Jack Griffin " Most Inspirational Young Person" 12 years 4 months ago #5258

• Graeme
So glad the day went so well Stew. You know how we feel about Jacko and an award like this could not have gone to a better person. He is the new wonder of the modern world and a credit to you and Debs and I know you both must be bursting with pride. We will be over to see that award very soon, of that you can be sure. One thing though...did he kick David Cameron like I asked? :)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Jack Griffin " Most Inspirational Young Person" 12 years 4 months ago #5261

• newiejudy
Stewart
I got goosebumps just reading about it - how proud you must have been. Lots of love & best wishes to Jack & you all.
Judy
xxx

Re:Jack Griffin " Most Inspirational Young Person" 12 years 4 months ago #5278

• stewart g
For Snowy and others..
if you go to

www.flhs.org.uk
click on Press Releases
then click on Jack Griffin Most inspirational Young person..

There's the picture....

Re:Jack Griffin " Most Inspirational Young Person" 12 years 4 months ago #5279

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Stewart. All this time I've been wondering what's so special and inspirational about your boy, Jack. And now I know. A truly heart-warming story. You must all be beaming. Well done Jack ...and a Maths GCSE in year 10......blimey!!!
xxx
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Jack Griffin " Most Inspirational Young Person" 12 years 4 months ago #5280

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
Fantastic! Thank you for sharing this all with us. I'm so happy for you all. Hope the day was wonderful.
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:Jack Griffin " Most Inspirational Young Person" 12 years 4 months ago #5282

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
Stewart,hope you dont mind but I felt this should be cut and pasted here as an inspiration to us all,and reminder to everyone the importance of our children.Young Jack truly is a wonder,well done.

Freddies student Jack Griffin is the Most Inspirational Young Person 2012 – 11/05/12

Year 11 student Jack Griffin received a Kids Count award for the most inspirational young person 2012 on Tuesday 8th May.
The awards ceremony was held in the Terrace Marquee at the House of Commons and the presenter of the event was Nigel Evans MP, Deputy Speaker of the House of Commons.

He was nominated for the award by Headteacher Jan Garretts, who first heard about the award from Andy Burnham MP.

During an exciting visit to the House of Commons, Jack received his award from Tony Hadley, the front man of the eighties hit band Spandau Ballet.

Jack was involved in a road accident in 2008 and literally had to fight for his life. He underwent life-saving brain surgery, having part of his skull removed to relieve severe pressure.
He has demonstrated superhuman determination to regain motor and cognitive skills, despite the odds being stacked heavily against him. Jack spent 9 months in hospital and missed over a year of full time education and multiple bleeds in his brain had impaired his movement and he was left wheelchair dependent. Further improvement, he was told, would be limited.
This did not take account of Jack's determination, he pushed himself relentlessly and has now started to walk unaided. Jack is determined to regain his bright future.
Against all odds, he gained a Maths GCSE in Year 10 and is expected to achieve good GCSE results at the end of Year 11.

Jack also won the Sue Johnson Award for the Best Learner in Wigan and on receipt of the award, gave an impromptu and truly inspirational speech about fighting for success against the odds to his peers.
Jan Garretts, Headteacher at Fred Longworth said “I nominated Jack for this award because he truly is one of the most inspirational people I have ever worked with. He has overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles to succeed and always has a smile on his face. He has a relentlessly positive approach to life and fully deserves this award.
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'