Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Marc Bolan 35th memorial concert

Re:Marc Bolan 35th memorial concert 12 years 4 days ago #6176

• jollyroger
Oh my...no wonder Steve had the sense to leave early! Good call
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Marc Bolan 35th memorial concert 12 years 3 days ago #6178

• essexboybilly
it was pretty ropey stuff mostly, but as you would expect Steve and his band took the honours. Just two songs, but what presence! For the first time until then, two thirds into the 2nd half, the audience saw a genuine rock star, and Steve had us in his hands, whole place singing "O this time of luv moves me, o yea!" the chorus of Lofty Skies, one of Bolans really early Tyrranosaurus songs. It was the most touching moment of the night, my wife shed tears. Barry p[ayed a beautiful violin solo, Dandy In The Underworld really rocked, with SH singing in a great rock voice, really up for it. Glad he got off before the encore, which was pretty silly and I think Steve and his band might not have looked comfortable! A fun night, but a poor line-up apart from the Great SH.

Re:Marc Bolan 35th memorial concert 12 years 1 day ago #6183

• cockneyr3bel
it was a great night,and im not sure where you get 'ropey stuff' and 'poor line up' from.I appreciate that is just your opinion,
All the artists appearing,did so for free to support Marc's charity,the PRS,music members benevolent fund,and most all came from the era of Marc Bolan.this concert was to commerate the man and his music,yes,I agree Steve's spot was excellent,and was the highlight for me too,but we are also Marc and T.REX fans too and go to see Danielz and T.rexstasy regularly,and he always puts on a great show .

Re:Marc Bolan 35th memorial concert 11 years 11 months ago #6195

• essexboybilly
Sorry about that remark - wish I hadn't said that, about "bit ropey". It does sound critical, when what I really meant was that Steve stood out from the rest by such a long way, in my opinion. I'll be more careful with choice of words in future

Re:Marc Bolan 35th memorial concert 11 years 11 months ago #6271

• jathayer
Put (Steve Harley Loftey Skies) into you tube and a few snippets appear,i expect somebody smarter than me could put the link in.

Re:Marc Bolan 35th memorial concert 11 years 11 months ago #6286

• cheri
Stella could do it. She's good at links. :)

Cheri