Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: CAVALIERS ANTHOLOGY ON THE WAY!!

Re: CAVALIERS ANTHOLOGY ON THE WAY!! 11 years 10 months ago #6528

• Pandorah
ffcforever wrote:
In reply to Pandorah's comment I lived in Sundon Park, Luton and agree to being transported back - now looking for my old Steve Harley scarf I bought at Hammy Odeon in 1975 - Best Years Tour a yellow polyester one with blue tranfer print if I remember correctly!

I know sundon park !them avenues ! and Skeff ! back of marsh farm, where Avril banks met her demise ! poor girl. sundon church on the corner befor you go up to sundon hights and the village.

that scarf I was given that was won off E.bay recentley is yellow ! red tassels and I guess it's blue printing ink ? no I just had a look and its faded out black ink.

My one was terquoise blue and white satin with white tassels with the band on it at each end. George Duncun Jim Stuart and Steve ! I thought lindsey ? but doubt it though. I know 2 of them had their shades on! always stuart !some times steve. so I guess it was them two. not the Elliot brothers .

any way !

what a magical treat that disc 3 is, 4's blinding ( although I have got some of them recordings in my treasures anyway , but it was great to recall them ) love sabatian and death trip and the young sexy voice thanking every one for coming ! did I hear him laughingly say Fumble ?

I just found some 110 negatives from 74 and on them was pictures of my dressing table with a picture of steve in a frame on it and the refection in the mirror of my wall to ceiling poster clad bedroom. I cant wait to see that pic again.
has anyone ever tried to get 110 negs printed ! its a nightmare ! apparentley there aint ( ok ! there are not ) alot of them around any more the've all worn out !

but I know a man who does! and he can, and he will ! :-) so fingers crossed I'll have them presious pics from 74 back in my mits next week ! I think there's one of me just about to set of to crystal palace Garden Party as well taken in the front garden at pickford hill. in me big baggy strides and golden top made of satin .

no ! just the baggy cullotes, think I had a blue kickers top on.the golden top was my sisters and she wouldnt lend me it to go to an out door concert in. :angry:

anyway ! brilliant going down memory lane :)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:CAVALIERS ANTHOLOGY ON THE WAY!! 11 years 10 months ago #6537

• Hobo With A Gin.
  • Ian.
Let's hope there's no-one smoking rabbit droppings at Brum, eh Pandorah ? :laugh:

I have a mate who uses vintage cameras, he might know where you can get some prints done. I'll ask for you and let you know.

Ian x

Re: CAVALIERS ANTHOLOGY ON THE WAY!! 11 years 10 months ago #6541

• ffcforever
  • Primary School PE and School Sports Teacher
Pandorah, I was christened in the church on the corner - St Mary's Parish Church, Sundon and went to Lealands High School in Sundon Park, lived in Ashwell Avenue opposite the SKF clock tower!

Re: CAVALIERS ANTHOLOGY ON THE WAY!! 11 years 10 months ago #6542

• Pandorah
ffcforever wrote:
Pandorah, I was christened in the church on the corner - St Mary's Parish Church, Sundon and went to Lealands High School in Sundon Park, lived in Ashwell Avenue opposite the SKF clock tower!

:cheer: ha ! small world eh! lovely little church , see ya in brum then with our yellow rebel scarfs B)

Re:CAVALIERS ANTHOLOGY ON THE WAY!! 11 years 10 months ago #6543

• Pandorah
Hobo With A Gin. wrote:
Let's hope there's no-one smoking rabbit droppings at Brum, eh Pandorah ? :laugh:

I have a mate who uses vintage cameras, he might know where you can get some prints done. I'll ask for you and let you know.

Ian x

thanks Ian ;) but its ok , getting them sorted now :)

Ian ! I doubt that sort of malarki ( smoking that rabbit do do's ) will be going on round me :unsure:

But ! I do hope we get a rendistion of wuthering hights at some point :laugh:

Re:CAVALIERS ANTHOLOGY ON THE WAY!! 11 years 10 months ago #6547

• Hobo With A Gin.
  • Ian.
I don't think Mike J's heart could stand the excitement a second time. :laugh:

And my beardsome keyboard player isn't coming either. :(