Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Birmingham gig to be repeated next year!!

Re:Birmingham gig to be repeated next year!! 11 years 5 months ago #7815

• Maelitta
I did not come here as regularly as before as I found hard to follow most of the conversations ;)
More questions :
- what is exactly "the Box Office"
- "mid-april" = this year ?
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Birmingham gig to be repeated next year!! 11 years 5 months ago #7823

• cheri
I absolutely loved the Birmingham gig; it was mind-blowing. But if I were to come over for another big concert like that, I would have to say that I would absolutely LOVE it if Steve and the band did "Quality of Mercy", "Poetic Justice" and "Stranger Comes to Town." The reasons being that we have already seen the first concert and will soon have it on CD (and hopefully DVD), but also I think that Steve's later songs are as good or better than his originals. Mind you, I was not around in the early 70's to ride Steve's wave and my first experiences of his music were from YouTube. But once I received my copy of "The Quality of Mercy" from Steve's shop, I was just floored at how good it was. I Immediately went and purchased "Poetic Justice" (by the way, you can't buy it now--I bought the last two in existence and gave them to friends) and was equally elated at how good IT was. So, Steve, if you're listening, please know that you just keep getting better and better as time goes on and that your American friend and fan would fly to England in an instant if you were to do a concert featuring the above albums.

Much love to you, Steve, and to all the Harley fans. :)

Love, Cheri

Re:Birmingham gig to be repeated next year!! 11 years 5 months ago #7868

• Michael Carraway
Can hardly wait for the Manchester show to be announced, and it's great to know tickets will be offered here first. You can all have the front row(s), as I'll be plumping for somewhere near the mixing desk. Musicians say that if the engineer is getting the best sound, sit near him - bit like wanting to sit next to the Black Box on a plane!!

Re:Birmingham gig to be repeated next year!! 11 years 4 months ago #7882

• E3RJE
What about the Round House what a perfect venue for a perfect show