Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: stranger...

Re:stranger... 11 years 6 months ago #7690

• Toni-rebel
I just did exactly the same, bought Stranger and Cavaliers. I do have a record player but its nice to have this set. Plus my vinyls were practically worn out by my teenage self! I remember I hated my cheap and nasty record player and longed to have decent equipment to play my records. So, thanks to catching Steve by luck at Buxton I finally got my Cockney Rebel wishes, the other wish being to see them live, cos I was too young to travel south alone.
Happy days :-)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:stranger... 11 years 6 months ago #7692

• cheri
Mozzatoni, Steve's first albums are brilliant, but don't forget his later stuff. I never got in on the "Steve wave" in the seventies as I didn't discover him until two years ago. My personal favorite album is The Quality of Mercy", along with Poetic Justice, Yes You Can and Stranger Comes to Town. He doesn't write a bad song.

Cheri

Re:stranger... 11 years 6 months ago #7693

• Toni-rebel
I was going to ask some of you where to go first with his newer stuff. Back in the 70s I had his first 3 albums and then lost touch for some reason. So I have started by buying what I think is his latest (Stranger). Oh I do have More Than Somewhat in my CD collection. Advice please! :)
Toni
  • Page: