Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Bridgewater Hall

Re: Bridgewater Hall 11 years 7 months ago #7520

• steve
2000 years from now, I agree that would be brilliant with the Orchestra. and give new fans a taste of the modern day Rebel.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Bridgewater Hall 11 years 7 months ago #7524

• GedKen
Bonus tracks? Maybe there are a few songs from very the early days that haven't been done since '73? I'm still intrigued by the mention of a song from a '73 gig review on PJH's website (it was called 'You'd be my last wish etc;')

www.harleyfanzone.com/70/Scrapbook/1974/speakeasy.htm

Failing that 'The lighthouse', '(Love) Compared With You', 'Rain in Venice' might all suit a full orchestra?

Re:Bridgewater Hall 11 years 7 months ago #7526

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
hi all,
You do realise steve is talking about april 2014 dont you not this april ? :unsure:
l
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:Bridgewater Hall 11 years 7 months ago #7576

• Pandorah
stewart g wrote:
Perfect as the follow uo to Birmingham. :) Those bonus tracks? how about Rock N Roll Parade,Spaced Out and Big Big Deal which comes alive on the Cavaliers Anthology! ;) Maybe Such A Dream might be pushing things too far? but then again.....

Such a dream :dry:
Guess one day That could be worked into a heavy rock show somehow ! ( Not quite fit for the classical dish ! )that's served up with orchestra &choir .
But it could work as a one off ! At one of them mad ones ! the likes of bilston or somewhere up north where there all up for it . Or down south ! In the middle of town ! That capital . Less of the screaming though maybe ?
May be it could Lend its self to more artistic freedom ! improvisation for the band to play with . Sure they could throw that around between them . Proper mayhem that one .
NO. But ! Not such a beautiful dream :S

Then again !spaced out would probably the best bet for getting a few pulses racing ;) or indeed rock n roll parade ! But maybe best served up with just the rock band ( would be great to see two sets of drums either side of the stage with both Adam and Stuart keeping the sparks flying ) Big Big Deal we'd all love to hear live . I'm sure . Also .

But ! My dream is for another symphony delight :side: with the latest epic sounding tracks like 2000 years from now worked in with the old somewhere ! And sidetrack . Ah ! SIDETRACK ! How beautifully is that ? Now that's got to sound brilliant . Surely It's what it was composed for. Huge Hall, Huge production. Massive presence . Such a dream. Such a beautiful dream for such an audience with the Man :)

Re:Bridgewater Hall 11 years 7 months ago #7578

• psychomenagerie
As things stand right now Saturdays are possible for me, fingers crossed that will be the case next year, as, unbelievably Mondays right now are out of the question, so no Buxton this month, as for Bridgewater bonus tracks, Back To The Farm, & Innocence & Guilt would be great, imo.

Re:Bridgewater Hall 11 years 7 months ago #7627

• Jack
Absolutely brilliant news regarding a repeat of the awesome experience of Birmingham and great to hear that it is planned for a Saturday as will be travelling from Glasgow. What about 'Panaroma' as an extra ?