Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: UK & Eire Tour History

Re:UK & Eire Tour History 11 years 5 months ago #7857

• stewart g
GedKen,great stuff thanks for all the work a real labour of love eh? :)
and Rachel..now I'm not one for picking an argument with Mr Harley but I'd say "It was The Bilston Choir who first started we got the Feeling Unprompted?" ;) I remember the crowd just took the song over in the middle much to the bands and Steve's delight,and the rest as they say is history!! ;) and Before the bigger crowd clinched it at Glastonbury!!
Good to see Bilson back for November,there's good gigs,there's great gigs and then there's Bilston!! :P
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:UK & Eire Tour History 11 years 5 months ago #7858

• joanna
Great work.!!!
It is an easier format (for me and perhaps many others) to see all this musical history logged this way. Thank you.
It s quick to dip in and out and relate it to time and space of other committments . However also to REALIZE what I have missed over the years.
:(
Smile x

Re:UK & Eire Tour History 11 years 5 months ago #7859

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
GedKen. Amazing work. You must have plenty of time on your hands or else be a complete Harley nut :laugh:

Either way, when you've finished compiling the figures perhaps you'd like to give an estimation of how many individuals of the One Million Plus figure were in the audience on more than one occasion :S
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:UK & Eire Tour History 11 years 5 months ago #7860

• PeterJH
Yes, if my memory serves me correctly I agree with Stewart :lol:

Happy days!

Re:UK & Eire Tour History 11 years 5 months ago #7866

• Michael Carraway
This is a most interesting thread.
Let's hope the webmaster can give it its own space.
Wish I'd seen very early Rebel, but caught on late in the 70s, although I did acquire most of the back catalogue. Steve should be heard much more often on UK Radio, especially tracks other than the immortal MMS...love it though we do!

Re:UK & Eire Tour History 11 years 4 months ago #7874

• GedKen
RachelPAtoSH wrote:
Ged,
I've been asked to let you know the audience figure in the Marquee at Glastonbury (Acoustic Stage)was approx. 10,000.
The side walls were removed and there was a huge crowd - that was the first time an audience responded to Steve with "We Got The Feeling..." unprompted apparently! Steve latched on to it and has enjoyed encouraging audiences to sing that chorus ever since.
There are two men still working for Steve after many years, one from the 70s,who can help whenever you get stuck with such information. Feel free to ask here and I'll do what I can when I can. I will encourage Andy the Webmaster to create a "Live Stats" page (or whatever you would like it called) on the site.
Steve never played Zimbabwe - the course of inoculations was wasted after all!!!
Re The KINKS support tour, the average audience was approx. 3,500, I have been told.
How is your charity doing? Wish you well with that very worthwhile cause..
RACHEL

Hi Rachel, thaks for the info. I'II pass the spreadsheet onto Andy, it would be great to have someone more informed to give it the once over. I was a bit low on some of the figures (particularly some of the festival ones) - but it's great to be working off a baseline of 1m+.

Erm, on the '74 tour I believe there was a fire when Cockney Rebel played at Liverpool Stadium. Has anyone got any details on that event?

Step Up still out there, the local authority have thankfully come through with a further three core years funding (at a much reduced level - so we'll have to run to stand still). I've got my eye on some ideal vacant counseling rooms just two doors down from where we are based. That would be a godsend. :)

The money raised from the auction of Steve's Bowler directly funded 26 hours of much needed face-to-face counseling for some of the children and it also helped to reduce our waiting list for this service.

Thanks again to Steve and everybody involved else in the auction including John the winner of the prized Bowler; the funds did make a big difference to a number of young, vulnerable children.

Re Stewart's post - a labour of love and curiousity I'd say - and I wish I had witnessed the choir moment.

Re Stella's post - well yes, you are right, time on my hands..... and a little nutty perhaps! :silly: :laugh:
  • Page: