Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: A Victim Of Love on a Mad Mad moonlight

Re:A Victim Of Love on a Mad Mad moonlight 11 years 2 months ago #8131

• Graeme
Doesn't sound mad, mad to me Stew. Great shout! If my memory serves me well,which at 56 is not always the case,Victim of Love was quite often Mr H's choice of song before the 20 minute interval many mad, mad moonlights ago. It was loud,upbeat and left you waiting in anticipation for the 2nd half of the set. As for Mad, Mad Moonlight, it is just a great song that deserves a place on any SH & CR. "Never the same twice"..... and all the better for it. ;)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:A Victim Of Love on a Mad Mad moonlight 11 years 2 months ago #8132

• PeterJH
Nice suggestions Stew, both excellent tracks, both would be most welcome, and much appreciated on the forthcoming tour :)

Victim Of Love was a belter live.

Re:A Victim Of Love on a Mad Mad moonlight 11 years 2 months ago #8137

• cheri
I'm all for "Victim of Love". It's one of my favorite songs by Steve. :)

Cheri

Re:A Victim Of Love on a Mad Mad moonlight 11 years 2 months ago #8140

• therebel
great idea and great tracks but I would love to hear panorama again lets see if mr h can still pull those faces and roll his eyes lol like in his youth sure he would still get you girls swooning
Was in a frenzy from the midnight air when I saw the light
I realized only children can live upon a timeless flight

Re:A Victim Of Love on a Mad Mad moonlight 11 years 2 months ago #8141

• essexboybilly
The suggestion of Victim of Love got me to play the Yes You Can cd after many years, just finished it. Amazing stuff. What a great album it is, with the song and The Lighthouse, New Fashioned Way, Promises (GREAT record, great song!!)and so many, with fantastic playing, from Alan Darby (guitar) Paul Francis and Bill Dyer (drums n bass) Stuart on some tracks with Kevin Powell, bass...Robbie Gladwell plays some great guitar, and Steve's brother Ian, what great piano and keys!!
It's note-worthy the number of really fine musicians have passed through the SH ranks I think. I'd love to hear Promises live AND Victim of Love AND Irresistible, which is a really amazing production, in November. If you're a fan and you've got the Yes You Can Cd, play it and be reminded how creative Steve was..

Re:A Victim Of Love on a Mad Mad moonlight 11 years 2 months ago #8144

• stewart g
Was it Pete Frame who did those Rock Family Tree's ? a Cockney Rebel one would be great,! Been many brilliant players in the Cockney Rebel history! ;) Always loved those Yes You Can tracks which all moved to the live arena with great ease! What about Rain In Venice?,hows that for a great track? saw that in Manchester in 1994 with Steve, joined by local lads Smile Like Fools?,wonderful stuff!Always though Paul Francis was a great drummer,think he also worked with The Searchers in some of the Band's glory days? There was a time when many of the Yes You Can tracks were a part of the live set and they were all excellent! Looking forward to a Yes You Can/Poetic Justic double header in about 8 years!! :P
  • Page: