Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Irresistible / Warm My Cold Heart

Re:Irresistible / Warm My Cold Heart 11 years 1 week ago #8402

• GedKen
All the albums have their virtues.

Psychomodo bought first - then discovered that the Human Menagerie existed. Wonderful through to Hobo and Candidate inclusive. (I always think those last two have a lot of sunshine in them somehow - perhaps because I believed Steve wrote them both while living in LA).

Yes You Can - hooray - a new Steve Harley album after all this time? Gimme, gimme.

The last three have been more thoughtful, reflective albums.

Today I will have the Human Menagerie as favourite album - the memory of saving up to buy it, drinking in the details on the album cover, slowly lowering the needle onto track one, side one....
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Irresistible / Warm My Cold Heart 11 years 1 week ago #8409

• jjep
  • harley fan since hideaway
For me PSychomodo is no. 1, but Timeless Flight got something special. Maybee coz it`s from 76 when I saw Stevie for the first time live(Copenhagen). Got some Pictures from the concert if anybody is interested. Niels

Re:Irresistible / Warm My Cold Heart 11 years 1 week ago #8411

• mick_mckenzie
Stella Day wrote:
I lost interest in Steve Harley in the 80's. Marriage and armfuls of babies dominated my life. I don't think I missed much.
Then in 1992 something happened. Steve got his groove back and released Yes You Can...not a bad song on it

:)
Most of Yes You Can was tried and tested at Steve's gigs in the late 80s, if my remaining raddled brain cells remember correctly. I still have the cassette sold at the gigs somewhere, although the tape has probably stuck by now.

But yeah, babies taking over and missing gigs to pay pay for nappies and stuff ... I remember that too. I hope mine pick a nice nursing home for me.

Mick

Re:Irresistible / Warm My Cold Heart 10 years 11 months ago #8470

• fantom
I had never heard 'Irresistable' before.
On first hearing I do not hate it but the 80's sounding production makes it sound like a Madonna song and it seems strange to think that this was the same person who recorded those classic seventies albums.