Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Set List

Set List 13 years 6 months ago #2140

• Cocnerebel
Much discussion on other boards leads me to the question .... what are the chances of Steve taking a lead from other bands and playing an album (any album!!) track by track in the first half of a show followed by a "popular" set list in the second half?

Maybe even a different album in the first half every night to maximise attendance?

Well, I can dream, can't I?
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Set List 13 years 6 months ago #2141

• stewart g
I'd love to hear Hobo With A Grin for the first half of the show and then a best of the B sides for the second ( Spaced Out,Rock N Roll Parade,Another Journey,etc) Perfection! :lol: :laugh: ;)

Re:Set List 13 years 6 months ago #2142

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Cocnerebel wrote:
Much discussion on other boards leads me to the question .... what are the chances of Steve taking a lead from other bands and playing an album (any album!!) track by track in the first half of a show followed by a "popular" set list in the second half?

Maybe even a different album in the first half every night to maximise attendance?

Well, I can dream, can't I?

Well, first "Steve taking a lead from other bands"?.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A different album in the first half every night?

Any idea of the rehearsal time needed for that Cocnerebel?

I'm glad you've brought the discussion here but I think you're over-estimating the demand for such a thing. I can see a one-off concert working (say with Psychomodo or Human Menagerie as the first half) but a whole tour?

What about writing a musical, Steve?

:laugh: :laugh: : :woohoo:
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Set List 13 years 6 months ago #2144

• Cocnerebel
Hmmmmm

Sparks did 21 albums in 21 nights and even threw in some non-album B sides as extras. So it DOES happen .... and, in any event, that comment was a little tongue in cheek, hence the footnote.

And think of all the rehearsing which would be necessary to perform just one whole album as a one off!! Your argument defeats itself.

Re:Set List 13 years 6 months ago #2145

• anichols
Glad this discussion has come onto this board. i think you are right Stella when you say the demand for such a concert is probably not great but it would be good if he did fidt two albums as a one off at maybe four venues for diehard fans. I think generally Steve needs to come out of comfort zone and add in a number of older not played live songs. He is always saying that no 2 concerts are the same...not sure this is strictly true....

Re:Set List 13 years 6 months ago #2146

• jackpot1
Re "no 2 shows the same," this IS strictly true, in that so much improvisation goes on among Steve and the musicians, whether full band or trio, that no 2 shows CAN possibly be the same. "Tumbling Down" was thrown in, opening the second set inGateshead or Durham - my brother saw both, and he only played it at one - unusual too, as Steve played the guitar and Barry violin, no harmonica! Songs like My Only Vice, Red Is Mean Mean Colour and All Men Are Hungry have been left aside for several years, I believe, and he's playing them now in response to our, the fans' requests, I think it's true to say?