Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Who's cab was this?

Who's cab was this? 13 years 4 months ago #2262

• Mr. Foxen
I'm sort of a musician, I lucked into a nice old Hiwatt cab, bought from a photo online, and picked up by a mate. When I got it inside, check what was stenciled on the back:

I've seen videos with Hiwatt stacks in the background, and this has obviously been gigged pretty hard. Does it look like the genuine article? I am a bit torn about using it with that sort of history,my music isn't really up there with what it has seen and the stories it could tell.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Who's cab was this? 13 years 4 months ago #2264

• cheri
I think you have a bona fide treasure there! :)

Cheri

Re:Who's cab was this? 13 years 4 months ago #2266

• crazy horse
im sure someone could identify from old pics but that would mean seeing a pic of it from the front front,the only thing that is unusual is that these identifying mark were usually put there to make sure bands get didnt get there equipment mixed up on tour and iv never known one have the band name on the inside ,only the outside where it can be seen easily

Re:Who's cab was this? 13 years 4 months ago #2267

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Morning Crazy Horse. :)
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Who's cab was this? 13 years 4 months ago #2268

• jollyroger
Jim Cregan used a Hi-Watt stack - that's 2 cabinets, each with 4 x 12" speakers like the one pictured - on tour with Steve in the 70s. Maybe he keeps up with his old boss's site and will see this thread?

Re:Who's cab was this? 13 years 4 months ago #2269

• Mr. Foxen
The stencil wasn't on the inside, I jsut mean when I gopt int inside my house, that back is off ebcause I wanted to check the speakers (once I'd gone 'Cool, Cockney Rebel', that was the main thing I wanted to check). This is the front:

The badge is sideways so when you flip it on its side to stack up off the wheels it looks right. Serial dates it 71/72, but the speakers apparently date it 75, so they might have been replaced after hard touring, or the dudes on the vintage amp forum are wrong (they are currently arguing over how the cab serial numbers work). If anyone can give that chap a shout, that would be cool.