Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: THE ACOUSTIC FESTIVAL OF BRITAIN SATURDAY 21 MAY

THE ACOUSTIC FESTIVAL OF BRITAIN SATURDAY 21 MAY 13 years 4 months ago #2337

• Steveb
Hi there
Anyone going to the Acoustic Festival in Uttoxeter on Saturday? Steve Harley is on the main stage at about 9.30 pm.
Before that come along to the Songwriters Stage at 6pm to see one of the best new UK artists , JACK BLACKMAN. He is an acoustic roots/blues performer and will be performing a 45 minute set including songs from his new album "River Town".
More details on:
www.myspace.com/jackblackmantheguitarist
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re: THE ACOUSTIC FESTIVAL OF BRITAIN SATURDAY 21 MAY 13 years 4 months ago #2338

• joanna
:) Ok might just do that ........sounds interesting. hope the sun shines.
jo
Smile x

Re: THE ACOUSTIC FESTIVAL OF BRITAIN SATURDAY 21 MAY 13 years 3 months ago #2344

• joanna
:ohmy:
OOps forgot to see the young talent as got carried away watching the cricket match round the other side jo
Smile x

Re:THE ACOUSTIC FESTIVAL OF BRITAIN SATURDAY 21 MAY 13 years 3 months ago #2345

• anichols
Did anyone go to festival?

Re:THE ACOUSTIC FESTIVAL OF BRITAIN SATURDAY 21 MAY 13 years 3 months ago #2346

• jollyroger
I was there with my wife and two teenage kids. Frankly, there wasn't even a hint of class until Mr H took to the stage at 9.40pm on Saturday, and nobody really came close to shining like him and his two virtuoso bandmates by the end of the weekend. Steve compiled a perfect Festival set, with most of the top ten singkles included for those not especially familiar with the man's great canon of work, and more recent tracks such as A Friend For Life, which brought a huge wave of enthusiastic applause from 5,000 people crammed into the enclosure around the main stage. I have long yearned to see Steve perform the classic big ones in the dark, his own lighting man at the helm, and to see and hear The Lighthouse and Sebastian under just those conditions was a real pleasure. One day with the entire big band eh! I can only say that if you were there you almost certainly got the same tingle of excitement we felt during much of Steve's charismatic, crowd-controlling set, and if you weren't there, you really did miss a great memorable 75 minutes of music and chat from one of the most endearing and enduring of British singer/songwriters ever. In my professional experience as a music journalist for 35 years, I have learnt that musicians of the calibre always hired by Steve do not stick arounbd for the time these guys have unless the boss has something truly special to offer both themselves and audiences. Barry and James are from the top drawer of course, and that speaks volumes for Steve's own talents.

Re:THE ACOUSTIC FESTIVAL OF BRITAIN SATURDAY 21 MAY 13 years 3 months ago #2347

• joanna
:woohoo:
Yes indeedie ... singing and dancing away, loved it. Thanks Steve and to ALL the team again.

My brother is hooked .... well ,it goes without saying.

Then relived the evening with the '"Stripped" accoustic Cd on the way back down next day.
Smile x