& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: strange days...featuring steve harley

strange days...featuring steve harley 13 years 3 months ago #2383

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
Just bid for, and bought on e-bay an unusual cd of remixes of
Make me smile (Come up and see me) by a dj or company called 'Strange Days'.The CD is labelled as 'SMILE' by 'Strange Days and Steve Harley'.this is indeed five remixes of the hit single by Steve,very unusual to say the least as the mixes are in the following genres...electro-house,alternative electro 80's,garage house,and acid house and an instrumental house mix,very weird but you know what ...they all work after a few listens.This release was by EMI/AURORA in january 2008.I just wondered if Steve even knows his music has been remixed in this way,and there is no mistaking,the sampled parts amongst all the house stuff are from the original single.Anyone else out there got this 5 track CD and if so what do you think.??
JIMBO.REBELFREAK1. B)
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:strange days...featuring steve harley 13 years 3 months ago #2384

• stewart g
Jim, I have this Cd it was purchased for me by a great friend a couple of years ago,thanks MJ!
I admit to initially not really getting the tracks at all- something I suspect with your love and knowledge of the up to date music market and trends,that was not a problem for you!
However during the last month or so I have had the great pleasure to be watching my son run his heart out on a treadmill twice a week to the strange days cd,which is the music of his choice.
Played loud and in the right enviroment the music sounds superb,and it's proving a fantastic inspiration to one hell of a young chap! :lol:

Re:strange days...featuring steve harley 13 years 3 months ago #2386

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
Okay, now I have to try and snag it. I think it might be rather amusing. I'd like to see what they've done with it. I really wish more attention would be shown to certain other magificant songs though. Either way, it's an album that's now on my list.
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:strange days...featuring steve harley 13 years 3 months ago #2387

• essexboybilly
Hey Ali,
google
Scars Psychomodo YouTube for a pleasant surprise! Bet SH would love it too. He always said how The Wedding Present's punk-like version of MMS was his favourite of all the covers.