Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Inspiration

Inspiration 13 years 3 months ago #2390

• RichW
Hi all, new to the forum but old to SH. Followed him from day one. Being a cockney and a bit of a rebel myself back then, the band's name attracted me at first, followed by the fact that at last there was an artist whose accent didn't change when singing. The words and music then just blew me away.

I feel very guilty about the fact that I thought SH had disappeared off the face of the earth in the late 70's. Thank goodness for my daughter and You Tube!!!

Re-discovered, my first task was 2 tickets for Shepherds Bush last year. The mrs wouldn't come, (never got Steve), so my brother reluctantly stepped in and was then totally blown away by the quality of the show. "I wasn't expecting that" he beamed.

Next task, 2 tickets for Union Chapel and persuade the mrs to come along. She was in floods of tears by the end, completely moved by the whole experience (and venue which was magnificent). She now "gets" Steve (wants to marry Barry) and didn't mind at all when i purchased my first guitar at the age of 53!! That was going great (SH songs of course) until crushing left hand in an accident recently. Its recovering quicker than expected, largely due to the fact that I can't put the guitar down.

Ive always been inspired by Steve, his music and often wonder if he realises the effect his music has had on peoples lives.

For me, the best singer songwriter this country has produced by far. Please don't stop Steve, ive got 30 years to catch up on!!

Can't wait for The Stables.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Inspiration 13 years 3 months ago #2392

• cockneyrebel1
B) For what it's worth, in my (very) humble opinion I don't think SH has any idea of the outstanding effect his music, and he himself, has had on other people's lives. Personally, in many ways, I find the music and the man behind it an inspiration. But I do not think he realises this: Unless someone can tell us diffent????? B)
Please login/register to post on the forum.