Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: DVD in the US - will it play

DVD in the US - will it play 13 years 2 months ago #2553

• RachelPAtoSH
Hello, below is a question from an American fan.
We have received three other similar enquiries recently, all from the USA.

The question came up some time ago, and advice was given, helping American viewers to watch the Isle Of Wight DVD.
Can you please help Richard?
Thanks, Rachel

Will this DVD play on U.S DVD players? (i.e., is it "all region"?)

Thank you
Richard Dunckel, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:DVD in the US - will it play 13 years 2 months ago #2554

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
Short answer: It depends on the DvD player. Some have the ability to be switched between regions a few, sometimes limited, times. This might be considered "hacking" your DVD player. Almost all Computers will just play the dvd whatever region. But one really does want to watch it on the big, real screen. Believe me.

The longer answer also involves tech hacking if one is into that sort of thing.
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:DVD in the US - will it play 13 years 2 months ago #2555

• cheri
Rachel, my Steve Harley DVDs do not play on US DVD players. In fact, Amazon has stopped selling the Isle of Wight DVD here for that very reason. Crazy Horse pointed me to a DVD player called POWER DVD, which can be downloaded for free. It plays all regions, even Blu-Ray. It only plays on the computer, though, not on the TV. I am not technologically savvy enough to know how to get my computer to play on a tv, sorry. But I have a large computer screen, so it is very much like watching it on tv. At any rate, I recommend POWER DVD very highly. I LOVE watching Steve sing his songs. I hope this helps.

Cheri

Re:DVD in the US - will it play 13 years 1 month ago #2673

• ub40
Hi

You can get a region free DVD player very cheap $50.00 to $150.00 these play any DVD from anywhere....

Bob