& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Covers

Covers 13 years 3 weeks ago #2829

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Just returned from our family holiday in Brittany. We drive. We play CDs all the way.(just 444 miles door to door this year.....thank God for SatNavs) My CDs come out of my Polo and into his Qashqai+2. Stranger Comes To Town was a firm favourite this year as it was last year though Steve might shudder to hear the way the kids join in in the back of the car.
"Take the men and the horses away" never sounded so bad!! :laugh:
Poetic Justice comes along for the ride (Martha's favourite) and Human Menagerie and Psychomodo get an airing too.
For variety and to get us in the mood Charles Trenet blasts out as we slip off the Tunnel train and onto the A16.
We also listened to a bit of Jim Croce, some Robert Plant and Alison Krauss and Cat Stevens Greatest is always played.......but mostly....it's Steve Harley.
Of the other albums I was thinking which songs Steve could cover (or which songs I'd like him to cover) and I narrowed it down to two.
The First Cut Is The Deepest (written by Cat Stevens)
and Killing The Blues (written by Rowland Salley)
Can anyone think of any more suggestions for a perfect, driving, cover album? ;)
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Covers 13 years 3 weeks ago #2830

• RachelPAtoSH
Stella - Steve took your Somme Guide gift with him to Belgium. He stayed for several days exploring the WW1 cemetries and history. Perhaps he'll mention it in a Diary entry soon, but I thought you'd like to know - Rachel

Re:Covers 13 years 3 weeks ago #2833

• Stella Day
RachelPAtoSH wrote:
Stella - Steve took your Somme Guide gift with him to Belgium. He stayed for several days exploring the WW1 cemetries and history. Perhaps he'll mention it in a Diary entry soon, but I thought you'd like to know - Rachel

Thanks Rachel. Hope it was useful :)

Re:Covers 13 years 2 weeks ago #2839

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
I think I'd like to hear him cover a song by Marc Bolan. Not sure which one. I know he sang ON Dandy in the Underworld, but maybe just that by himself? Or The Slider or something. Hmmm.

I also think I'd like something from Rasputina. Lyrically, (at least Steve's early stuff) they remind me of each other. Our Lies, Oh Injury, Signs of the Zodiac. Maybe not. I'm crazy don't listen to me.

Sleep deprived over here. lol.
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:Covers 13 years 2 weeks ago #2843

• cheri
Oooohh, "The First Cut is the Deepest" is a song that Steve would really shine on, Stella. I loved Rod Stewart's version of the song. Didn't know it was written by Cat Stevens. :)

Cheri

Re:Covers 13 years 2 weeks ago #2844

• Stella Day
cheri wrote:
Oooohh, "The First Cut is the Deepest" is a song that Steve would really shine on, Stella. I loved Rod Stewart's version of the song. Didn't know it was written by Cat Stevens. :)

Cheri
Didn't know it was written by Cat Stevens :ohmy:

Mind you, I thought he wrote Morning Has Broken for a very long time. ;)
  • Page: