Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cattle Market(Harborough)

Re:Cattle Market(Harborough) 12 years 11 months ago #3023

• joanna
Cockney3bel glad you had a good time and to meet Steve WOW what a night. The gigs are all just amazing.... Leamington Spa was the best yet for me...the whole night from parking the car to starting the engine on the way back to localish relatives........ ahhhh still buzzing. Are you off to any of the December dates? And I certainly dont think that age qualifies you as "an old timer" !!! :woohoo:
Smile x
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Cattle Market(Harborough) 12 years 11 months ago #3026

• bigbadbob
my wife and i had a great time one of the best concerts thanks everyone,
i really thought the venue was ok very good sounds but i would think that the description leisure centre rather gave it away ...

Re:Cattle Market(Harborough) 12 years 11 months ago #3027

• jollyroger
That was indeed a superlative show. Steve's sound engineer is fantastic. Controlling those huge band arrangements in such a swimmy sports hall is very difficult. The quality was brilliant and easy on the ear. His llighting man also comes with a serious CV - The Who, Paul McCartney among others, I understand. Brilliant work. Good to see SH bring out the 12-string guitar for Ritz and The Lighthouse. How good did those two classics sound? I can tell you - superlative!! I like a comfy seat generally speaking, but it was billed as a Leisure Centre and was always going to be standing for the rock band - and I loved every second of it; great set-list: Muriel The Actor, wow! Complete with steel drums from the keyboard! Too Much Tnderness,- so funky. Great to know SH has that old sense of advenure back again, the set looks like a constantly changing one these days - how the three of them switch from acoustic to rock band, with almost completely different sets of tracks, must take some doing. We have tockets for Indigo2 and The Stables, December. Stables pretty well sold out already, the box office informed me. Mr Raffles: that's a proper seating venue, get in quick...they might even serve coffee!

Re:Cattle Market(Harborough) 12 years 11 months ago #3028

• Mr Raffles
Coffee or Earl Grey Tea i hope.And not from a machine!! The main gripe about the Market Harborough concert was not so much about the standing only it was more to do with the noise and endless talking at the back of the hall.Some people seemed to be treating it like a night down the pub.If any of those guys remember anything about Steve's setlist that night i'd be amazed! The only area in the hall to have a momentry sit down had to be at the back due to the sheer numbers up front.Having plonked yourself down on the floor you then in effect became invisible to all the drinkers and were subject to free showers of beer or getting 'Trampled Underfoot'....not the Led Zeppelin version either!! Anyway i've got my ticket for the Stables where i don't have to worry about such things.Might even have a pre-concert pint of beer!

Re:Cattle Market(Harborough) 12 years 11 months ago #3030

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
Maybe, Mr.Raffles, if you had put yourself about a bit instead of remaining aloof you would have enjoyed yourself a tad more than you sadly did. Leaving one of Steve and the boys gigs early by anything other than a stretcher is beyond my comprehension. Did you wonder what Steve's dressing room was like? Did you find out why there were tables to the left of the hall? Thought not. Allow me to enlighten you. A very pretty lady along with her dashing, doting consort had earlier that afternoon interviewed Steve for a local radio station. in fact it was the second time this lovely lady had interviewed Steve, lucky girl! She happens to be Diabetic and also totally blind. I met her in a pub up the road before the gig and as a fellow diabetic in danger of losing my sight one day, asked her earnestly if being blind enhanced her sense of hearing. Yes she replied. This amazing lady and partner remained seated throughout the gig but at the end were buzzing like litle kids.I myself have had a toe amputated that has not yet healed yet was at the front of the stage dancing around as you should at a standing gig. Just ask Big Bad Bob. What i'm saying to you Mr. Raffles is man, don't be mean, just take things as they are as, for instance, I do at an all seated affair when foot tapping must suffice. With kind regards and respect to all. xxx

Re:Cattle Market(Harborough) 12 years 11 months ago #3031

• cockneyr3bel
hi joanna
yes we are going to skegness 3rd dec,got front seats too.ive never seen a bad show yet,he just gets better.never mind old timer,i felt like being in my teens again,rocking at the front.