Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Blockheads

Re:The Blockheads 12 years 5 months ago #5028

• PeterJH
With respect Stella, there is no 'tittle tattle' here either? This is a controlled enviroment. There are anon posters here, as there are on my site. I do remove postings, and as I work, I'm not always around to clear up things straight away.

I pay to host the site, and I also pay to host the discussion board. If I had more money, or more 'know how' then I would possibly improve things.

The discussion board is a tiny fraction of my site, and if people judge 'all of my site' for some things that go on on the discussion board, then I'm sorry.

And, with respect Rachel, if Ray posts a quick link to his part of my website to clear something up, what exactly is wrong with that?
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:The Blockheads 12 years 5 months ago #5029

• paulno1
Harleyfanzone website has done more to promote the work of Harley/Rebel than it is given credit for,The idea of the first two albums being done in it's format in Birmingham was proposed and debated on their a few years back to which im sure Harley himself will acknowledge,I cannot understand it's constant snub it gets on here,I admit the banter goes too far,I am guilty in the past myself and Stella,Have you not joined in the banter and posted things which go beyond the pale?How someone like Rachel? can ask people not to direct people to an arm of Harley's work is beyond me,People have spent a lot of time and money to get stuff on the site for others to enjoy,Advise them Rachel? not to go on or join in debate's on the guest book but dont put them off the fascinating insight to Harley/Rebel's work which they wont find on here,You should be promoting and heralding the site,Unless there are other issue's involved,It's not a rivalry or a competition,It's an extension of Harley/Rebel's work from the beginning.

Re:The Blockheads 12 years 5 months ago #5030

• midge
I'd just like to say that as I understood it, Rachel's comments were just to ask Ray to clarify his post. I already new that the concert was at Ross on wye and understood the link, some people may have been confused and judging by the post from Maelitta, they possibly were. I'm sure no animosity was intended; there is a link to Peter's excellent site on the links page after all.

Re:The Blockheads 12 years 5 months ago #5031

• Maelitta
Thanks to all for the clarification about the Blockheads !

--- And all my congratulations to Pete's for his fantastic website which was my only source of information about Steve Harley for years, before the official website did exist.

Re:The Blockheads 12 years 4 months ago #5033

• Ray Smith
Again I have to make myself clear here compleatly... I said to Stella in a previous post that I "defend" ... This I will do for Peter JH's site. Not JUST for his site, BUT for the person he is and given so much time to US the FANS AND STEVE. WE are here on THIS site AND the unofficial site for one reason only.. STEVE! Secondly, any form that Steve calls "Cockney Rebel" and those persons before and now.

IF there comes a time where this site cannot unite with Pete's site that has given and will give so much commitment to Steve in years past and the way forward, I'm sure so many people will fold for Steve ... BELIEVE ME!

I've been wanting for some few years now to write to Steve personally on this... but I really don't want to be so negitive!

This site wants and promotes all things positive.. this I can well understand... IF it comes to it... I WILL TELL THE TRUTH

Settle down now... don't MAKE ME!

Yes there are ANON posters on this site as well as Peters! Fact! I HATE ANON posters, or those to claim to be "New fans" ... again.. probably anon posters.

Cheesed off too with people telling me Rachel = Steve.. how can we tell? How can Rachel prove beyone all doubt? A photo would not be enough.. a meeting would not be enough without a birth cirtificate to fans.. so how?

I'll tell it straight and post my name.. how many others will on this board or Pete's site? ONLY people who bloody well care... so shoot me? Ban me?

Big brother can decide or delete my posting.

Rebel on fans, and still follow Steve, BUT don't get up my nose.

I thank you :-)

Re:The Blockheads 12 years 4 months ago #5047

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
You tell 'em Ray!