Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Blockheads

Re:The Blockheads 12 years 5 months ago #5007

• RachelPAtoSH
Hi Ray - maybe you could explain your own memory or knowledge of the event in here, rather than direct Steve's fans and members of this site to another site? I'm sure everyone would appreciate that.
Rachel
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:The Blockheads 12 years 5 months ago #5015

• Maelitta
Ray Smith wrote:
The Blockheads were Chaz Jankel (guitar), Norman Watt-Roy (bass guitar), Mick Gallagher (keyboard/piano), John Turnbull (vocals/guitar) and Davey Payne (saxophone).

Sorry, I don't understand your link, please help Ray ! :dry:

Re:The Blockheads 12 years 5 months ago #5019

• Ray Smith
Yes sorry, I was in work and did a quick post earlier, hence the link to try and show fans what happened ...so I'll explain a little.

Steve had just done the Poperinge festival in Belguim two days before and at the last minute it was confirmed that Ian Dury was too ill to do the Ross On Wye festival he was booked for and also confirmed that Steve and Cockney Rebel would take over the slot.

My page on Pete's site shows what band of Cockney Rebel played that gig.

I was very happy to be at both of the gigs and as Rachel pointed out Steve and the band did "Rhythm Stick" to the delight of a Blockheads audience mostly. And what a version of that song they played!! I'd love to get my hands on a copy!

Re:The Blockheads 12 years 5 months ago #5022

• RachelPAtoSH
Thanks Ray. Tahat helps considerably. Steve confirms Ross as the venue, in a large marquee to around 2,000 people (six asked for their money back when the replacement was announced, just six!!) Steve's crew did not record the performance I'm afraid.
Rachel

Re:The Blockheads 12 years 5 months ago #5025

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Ray Smith wrote:
Yes sorry, I was in work and did a quick post earlier, hence the link to try and show fans what happened ...so I'll explain a little.

Steve had just done the Poperinge festival in Belguim two days before and at the last minute it was confirmed that Ian Dury was too ill to do the Ross On Wye festival he was booked for and also confirmed that Steve and Cockney Rebel would take over the slot.

My page on Pete's site shows what band of Cockney Rebel played that gig.

I was very happy to be at both of the gigs and as Rachel pointed out Steve and the band did "Rhythm Stick" to the delight of a Blockheads audience mostly. And what a version of that song they played!! I'd love to get my hands on a copy!

Very interesting post Ray. I used to visit Pete's site all the time. I still visit but I don't post there any more.
Boy are there some morons who visit that site! Got tired of the tittle-tattle which is a shame because the site has so much potential.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:The Blockheads 12 years 5 months ago #5027

• Ray Smith
Stella, there are "morons" as you call them, everywhere on the WWW, it's just a case of some people don't know how to handle others, you can't look at facial expressions whilst reading some posts, and lots of people have a computer or a way onto the web, but lack security knowledge on their machine they use.

Basically the same as people living in your own street... you have to try to work out the good guys from the bad and steer clear of those you don't want to bother with.

Even I have had to learn over the years, hence sometimes I travel to a gig on my own and mix with noone, or sometimes I travel with friends and meet more friends old or new. Hence sometimes I might sound a little abrupt in my postings from only wanting to protect some people, but I mean no halm.

Sometimes it's "our" own individual moods.