Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Steve's Autobiog & The Hill & Hibiscus Flowers

Steve's Autobiog & The Hill & Hibiscus Flowers 12 years 3 months ago #5412

• GedKen
Hi,

i'm new to the site. I have a couple of queries, if anyone can help that would be fab.

Firstly - I watched a Youtube interview today (from 2004)in which Steve mentioned a forthcoming autobiography. Does anyone know if it has been published? If so where can I lay my hands on a copy?

Secondly - (and this has been with me for years and years)there was a short story on the inside of the Timeless Flight album (titled 'The Hill and Hibiscus Flowers'). It was meant to be from a forthcoming book (at the time) by Steve. Soooo, did such a book ever get published? I suspect not - even so does anyone know the story about the erm, story in the Timeless Flight album - was it a short story by Steve that he hoped to have published perhaps, or was it just a piece to include on the inside of the album cover maybe? i know it's nerdy - but I'd toast your health if you could becalm this distant echo of teenage angst.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re: Steve's Autobiog & The Hill & Hibiscus Flowers 12 years 3 months ago #5413

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Hi GedKen and welcome to the Forum. I don't think The Hill And Hibiscus Flowers story ever made it further than the inside sleeve of Timeless Flight but maybe someone else knows different? As far as an autobiography I think Steve's compilation of Diary Entries titled "The Impression Of Being Relaxed" is as close as you'll get at the moment. Surely autobiographies are written by much older men?
"The Impression Of Being Relaxed" is available here from the Shop tab above....or click on this link
www.steveharley.com/shop.html?page=shop.browse&category_id=3

and if you ask him nicely Steve might even sign it for you ;)
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Steve's Autobiog & The Hill & Hibiscus Flowers 12 years 3 months ago #5416

• crazy horse
i agree the only thing iv ever come acros "The Impression Of Being Relaxed ,i would imagine any autobiography will come when steve retires and "tv is king"

Re:Steve's Autobiog & The Hill & Hibiscus Flowers 12 years 3 months ago #5483

• artile
I am also of the opinion that "The Hill And Hibiscus Flowers" story never made it further than the inside sleeve of Timeless Flight. Nevertheless I would be very happy if it would be published some time. I love the title because Hibiscus flowers are the most beautiful flowers and I think I will now check serenata florist in brighton and see if they have some Hibiscus flowers.