Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Stables, Wavendon

Stables, Wavendon 12 years 3 months ago #5490

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
My lovely, gorgeous wife has just purchased for me one highly coveted ticket without any pressure from me I assure you! It's a present for yet another birthday (better than a mass card eh?) I'm so lucky I have a job that entails me driving around beautiful countryside blasting out Steve's wondrous music allowing me to rediscover the many different aspects of his songs, Life is good at the moment yet I fear the turn of the wheel. So I say enjoy the good times, suffer the bad. Sorry for being melancholy but just had my cousin's (and best mate) ashes scattered in Cyprus as was his wish. His brother was the man who got me into Steve all those years ago but he sadly died aged just 20. I will never forget them. xx
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re: Stables, Wavendon 12 years 3 months ago #5495

• joanna
:unsure: Hey there.
Bittersweet for you.
Yes, why do we often "fear the turn of that wheel" ?
x jo . Leamington..
Smile x

Re:Stables, Wavendon 12 years 3 months ago #5500

• cheri
THE PHANTOM wrote:
My lovely, gorgeous wife has just purchased for me one highly coveted ticket without any pressure from me I assure you! It's a present for yet another birthday (better than a mass card eh?) I'm so lucky I have a job that entails me driving around beautiful countryside blasting out Steve's wondrous music allowing me to rediscover the many different aspects of his songs, Life is good at the moment yet I fear the turn of the wheel. So I say enjoy the good times, suffer the bad. Sorry for being melancholy but just had my cousin's (and best mate) ashes scattered in Cyprus as was his wish. His brother was the man who got me into Steve all those years ago but he sadly died aged just 20. I will never forget them. xx
Hey, Phantom! I'm sorry to hear about your cousin, but I just want to wish you a Happy Birthday!! I hope you celebrated in ceremonious fashion. :) I, too, will be at The Stables in December, sitting right next to Jimbo as fate would have it. :D I'm a little worried, though, because I purchased the tickets about a month ago and haven't received them yet. :( It would KILL me if they never arrive and I am not able to attend the show. I want to see Steve in all of his incarnations, and I have never seen an acoustic show.

Anyway, I hope you had a great day for your birthday.

Best wishes, Cheri