Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Gaining new fans

Re:Gaining new fans 12 years 3 months ago #5548

• psychomenagerie
Further to that incident, whilst out today had a couple of complimentary comments about the music in the car, but 1 customer, about mid 20's asked "Wots the chune were listning to" perhaps by my spelling of his words you might get an image of said customer, I asked if he liked it (song playing at the time was Ritz) "S'alright" he replied and then asked "got galaxy fm in 'ere" my initial thought was to screech to a halt, rip his arms off and batter him to death with the soggy ends, but thought better of this as I could lose my licence for such actions, instead I politely informed him I'd rather have my teeth pulled out without anaesthetic than listen to that drivel, needless to say the journey proceeded rather quietly, galaxy fm for CHRISTS SAKE!!!!!!ah well, each to their own.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Gaining new fans 12 years 3 months ago #5550

• RachelPAtoSH
Psychomenagerie: I read your Taxi story to Steve today and he loved it! He asks if you are a London cabbie? Said maybe one day you'll pick him up at Liverpool St station and you can play him some "stuff" (tracks) he hasn't heard for years!! RACHEL

Re:Gaining new fans 12 years 3 months ago #5554

• psychomenagerie
RachelPAtoSH wrote:
Psychomenagerie: I read your Taxi story to Steve today and he loved it! He asks if you are a London cabbie? Said maybe one day you'll pick him up at Liverpool St station and you can play him some "stuff" (tracks) he hasn't heard for years!! RACHEL

If only, no, unfortunately I work in a very depressed area of the country, a long way from the bright lights of London I'm afraid, the chances of me picking Steve up are remote to say the least, mores the pity, but if ever he's in our neck of the woods I'll force my way to the front of the queue to take him anywhere he requires, & I'll play him any tune he wants to listen to! And I won't even put the meter on!!

Re:Gaining new fans 12 years 3 months ago #5558

• psychomenagerie
Posted previous post as soon as I saw your post Rachel, but whilst I've been out working its given me time to think, and, WOW! it sank in as I was driving just what you'd posted, STEVE HARLEY loved something I wrote, that man has blessed the world with his body of work,& is actually aware of something I wrote, and loved it, these aren't the ramblings of some sycophantic, obsessed, stalker type fan, but all day long I've had that in my head that Steve actually liked something I wrote, I'm definetly going to print that particular post out, and tape it to my steering wheel, and when I'm having a crap day(usually, Mon - Sat)just look at that post, what a BUZZ!

Re:Gaining new fans 12 years 3 months ago #5566

• joanna
:blush: You see " its the buzzy" it just spreads. sorry could nt resist it.
Smile x

Re:Gaining new fans 12 years 3 months ago #5630

• Michael Carraway
What a great story.