Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Gaining new fans

Gaining new fans 12 years 3 months ago #5509

• psychomenagerie
Interesting incident occurred for me little while ago, a couple of weeks ago on a Friday night I picked a customer up(I'm a Taxi driver, just to avoid any confusion)luckily he was going on quite a lengthy journey, & I had a Steve Harley/Cockney Rebel playlist on my iPod in the car, after the usual, "been busy," & "what time do you finish" exchanges, he asked whats the music we're listening to, told him Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel, "wow, its really good,"he said, at the time the track playing was It Wasn't Me, next on the list was Back To The Farm, again he was massively impressed with the song, next was Sebastian, his reaction to that was, & I'm not exaggerating,totally gobsmacked,as anyone reading this would expect, as we approached his house, he asked me if I could recommend any LP's, basically I said any with Steve or Cockney Rebels name on, but said a good starting point would probably be The Human Menagerie, The Psychomodo, or a Greatest Hits compilation, he got out, and, happy that I'd introduced someone to the greatness of Mr. Harley's music, I drove of, thinking I'd probably never see the guy again, anyway, Wednesday just gone, I'm sat on the rank, twiddling my thumbs waiting for a customer, when who should tap on my window, but the self same convert, just stopped to "thank" me for introducing him to, in his words, "the greatest singer/group he's ever heard" and that he'd took my advice, got copies of THM, & TP, and several others as well, didn't state which ones, but there you go, its never too late for anybody to be introduced to truly GREAT music, and I've made it a regular in my car to have a playlist of my particular favourites of Steve/Cockney ready to play at anytime, you could say I'm on a 1 man crusade to educate the musical taste buds of the people in my little part of the world.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Gaining new fans 12 years 3 months ago #5510

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
I LOVE THIS. Totally beautiful. Nice job sharing the awesomeness with the world. :)
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:Gaining new fans 12 years 3 months ago #5512

• cheri
All anyone has to do is be introduced to Steve's music and they're fans! Steve, you could be a hit in the US, I've said it before. If you want to tour a large country, why pick Australia? Come to the US (particularly California)!! We would welcome you with open arms. I'll always love you and your music, and everyone I've turned on to your music loves you, too. But you're best live, so come on over!! The sooner the better. :D

Love, Cheri

Re:Gaining new fans 12 years 3 months ago #5515

• joanna
Psychomenagerie wrote:
Interesting incident occurred for me little while ago,

A brilliant story and doesnt it just give you that warm buzzy inside too....(well you know what I mean) :blush:
Smile x

Re:Gaining new fans 12 years 3 months ago #5518

• newiejudy
What a wonderful story - I hope that while I'm over there I will be lucky enough to have you as a taxi driver! And, please Steve, do come to Australia (you can go to America too if you like) but don't forget us loyal Aussie fans who have waited so long to see you perform live. Some of us couldn't wait any longer & are coming over there in November!!
Judy
xxx

Re:Gaining new fans 12 years 3 months ago #5521

• Pandorah
joanna wrote:
Psychomenagerie wrote:
Interesting incident occurred for me little while ago,

A brilliant story and doesnt it just give you that warm buzzy inside too....(well you know what I mean) :blush:

yes :) l know what you mean, brilliant read.