Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 5 cd box set !!

Re:5 cd box set !! 12 years 3 months ago #5591

• Pandorah
stewart g wrote:
Debs,Score on cd!..thats rare..don't think I've ever seen it..if had would have bought it..fab music..with those great SH lyrics on various tracks. :)
Pete B.dig it out..you'll love it!.. :)

I had to go dig it out stewart, and check, I remember the front was the same as the Album , but yes its a copy :( not the real thing ! transfer from the Album to CD. but its on a cd and the picture on the front is the same as the album cover.

I remember who gave me it now! but I might get him into trouble here . so I best keep stoome ;)

Nice story pete. Duncun's hair was mad ! all over the place.as I remember :)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:5 cd box set !! 12 years 3 months ago #5599

• cockneyr3bel
I've just 'won' SCORE-DUNCAN MACKAY of ebay,cant wait to listen after all the comments on here .

Re:5 cd box set !! 12 years 3 months ago #5600

• stewart g
Debs...looks like SCORE has not been released on cd which is a shame because if ever an album warranted a cd release its that one...it was released in 1977 just as the punk scene hit the UK..totally out of tune with what was happening at the time,but there's some timeless music on there..
cockneyr3bel...hope you enjoy the album,would love to hear what you think when you get the album....
I have an interview with Duncan from Manchesters Piccadilly Radio in April 1977 when he was promoting the album..and he talks about the next Rebel tour when he is going to be the support act playing tracks from Score...
It never happened..but would have loved to have see it...
Time Is No Healer For The Blue from Score is a classic as are Witches,No Return etc... :)

Re:5 cd box set !! 12 years 3 months ago #5601

• newiejudy
Good on you Glynis - hope you enjoy it. Another one to add to the collection eh???
Judy
xxx

Re:5 cd box set !! 12 years 3 months ago #5602

• cockneyr3bel
I sure will Judy,really must get that machine sorted to convert vynyl to cd LOL.xxxx

Re:5 cd box set !! 12 years 3 months ago #5603

• Mr Raffles
Without trying to put a downer on this 5 CD up-coming release,is it really something that most fans are going to go out and buy? If you haven't already got any Cockney Rebel albums it is a potential 'starter kit'.That said we have already had a multi disc Harley compilation which was released not so long ago.Who is this package aimed at? For established fans is it really worth the money simply for a few b-sides and re-mixes? The live Hideaway from the BBC concert is the highlight but again most of us will already have this.Maybe all the 'off topic' talk of Duncan's Score album reflects the lack of interest in the EMI release? Just an observation!