Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 5 cd box set !!

Re:5 cd box set !! 12 years 3 months ago #5604

• jollyroger
There are many thousands of fans around the world, Mr Raffles; it's probably EMI's way of getting all the 70s product into one package to save on re=pressing all the CDs individually. You ask, who is it aimed at? Well, all the thousands who visit Amazon who don't actually have it all. Remember, two thousand people have a ticket for Birmingham in November. It would surely be wrong to assume all of them have all of Steve's 70s catalogue - it will probably sell a few hundred on that night if it's in with the Merch. Good for EMI, I say, for showing this respect to one of their great "finds" of that era. I will add it to my own collection...and by the way, I've contacted EMI with a few suggestions, which if taken up, might encourage even your good self to fork out for the package!!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:5 cd box set !! 12 years 3 months ago #5605

• cockneyr3bel
I am definitly interested in 5cd box set,whether or not I already have the included cd's,which I have ,and I will be buying it,as i,m sure most true fans will.

Re:5 cd box set !! 12 years 3 months ago #5606

• Mr Raffles
You can argue that most 'true' fans will already have all the tracks that are going to appear on the new 5 CD release.I just feel that it's a re-packaging job by EMI throwing in the minimum amount of 'extras'.

Re:5 cd box set !! 12 years 3 months ago #5607

• Michael Carraway
You don't have to buy it you know. There might be many around the world who will welcome the 5-CD emi release. My wife is one!!

Re:5 cd box set !! 12 years 3 months ago #5617

• newiejudy
I will certainly be one of the many around the world who will be buying this 5 cd set. As I am one that hasn't got all of the cds that Steve has released so far (although my friend Glynis is helping me out there & I thank her so very much for that), but even if I had them I'd probably still get it for the new artwork & possibly booklet etc which will hopefully be included with it.
Judy