Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sax Player for Birmingham

Re:Sax Player for Birmingham 12 years 3 months ago #5575

• jollyroger
This is intriguing. Andy McKay maybe, you're right. Who else?
The fellow from The Blockheads - he's hot! And would play a blinding Crazy Raver! I agree with Stewart, the addition of the authentic sax sound on the night,in that fantastic hall, will be spine-chilling. And Cavaliers, screaming with the harmonica - wow!! Reggie
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Sax Player for Birmingham 12 years 3 months ago #5582

• stewart g
Steve Norman,great choice! now can we get his old mucker Tony to join the choir for the night! ;)

Re:Sax Player for Birmingham 12 years 3 months ago #5583

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
I remember the Kendal gig in '91, we got Stuart Elliot to 'mind the stall' while we fought our way to the front to watch our idol for a while (Stuart wasn't playing that night but had kindly showed up to lend his support to the charity Steve was playing for), anyway, the lady on sax and clarinet was Diana Wood and she was as Steve quoted "very good". I also met for the first time my good friend Lynn Starkey that night. xxx

Re:Sax Player for Birmingham 12 years 3 months ago #5584

• essexboybilly
Great, Steve Norman is a brilliant sax man. What a night it promises to be, eh!! A nine piece Rebel plus the classical folk, and those two seminal albums all-in - what a night in prospect.

Re:Sax Player for Birmingham 12 years 3 months ago #5588

• Pandorah
I had to go and sit in the car last night and listen to crazy Raver ( sounds much better up close, and quite alone ) even though I have a Human Menagerie in house! ( ha ! really ) and one for the car, and a spare! just in case.

I was thinking !( befor it was annouced Steve Norman would be the man for the job )

hmmm! I could see a Jessica rabbit shape girlie sax player step into the light.

then I run through some little stars,who might fit the bill ! Snake Davis ! he's cool, he's a session player, plays a lot with Heather small ( M people ) one night in heaven! Know it ? No! well anyway ! saw him in that Adorable old Chapple at Huntingdon Hall. then I remembered Leo Green ! who was his dad ?
well anyway him and his dad are known saxophonists.

It even crossed my mind that I really should of picked up my sax more often over the years instead of letting it collect dust.I could of sailed through crazy raver lol.

but anyway ! who better than Steve Norman. I cant imagine any better man for the job, for the simple reason/fact that he knows the albums, he's a fan and had them plumbed in to his memory bank at a very early age. I trust he will step into light and blow us all away. no doubts.
dont you just love it when a plan comes together :)

Re:Sax Player for Birmingham 12 years 3 months ago #5590

• Michael Carraway
I agree, great news to hear Steve Norman will join the Rebels. And being a fan, like Debs says..he'll be spot on. He's a brilliant player.
  • Page: