Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sax Player for Birmingham

Sax Player for Birmingham 12 years 3 months ago #5562

• RachelPAtoSH
As you will all know, there are several tracks on the two albums that feature saxophone, with a few very prominent solos. These were played by session players at the time, and Steve has been looking for someone special to take centre-stage for those solos at Symphony Hall.
He is speaking tonight personally to one very high-profile musician, his own first-choice, and a man he respects very much. I might be able to confirm the booking later tonight.
RACHEL
PS the musician, from a British band, also plays percussion, so SH is hping to keep him on-stage for much of the evening!!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re: Sax Player for Birmingham 12 years 3 months ago #5563

• joanna
:) Ahh I was wondering how this was going to be covered.... interesting news . Thank you Rachel
Smile x

Re:Sax Player for Birmingham 12 years 3 months ago #5567

• RichW
First person that comes to my mind is Andy Mackay. I know he plays many instruments, not sure about percussion. He'd do a great job.

Re:Sax Player for Birmingham 12 years 3 months ago #5568

• anichols
Talking about percussion who is on drums Stuart Adam or both?

Re:Sax Player for Birmingham 12 years 3 months ago #5569

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
Rachel has previously confirmed Adam as drummer for Birmingham,Stuart has been approached also, to be on percussion on the night.
We are lucky that Steve has two such brilliant (and different style) drummers to call on as and when their diaries/other commitments suit.
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:Sax Player for Birmingham 12 years 3 months ago #5572

• stewart g
We are in for a treat at Birmingham.Only ever seen Steve Harley/Cockney Rebel once with a Sax Player.Feb 1991 when they played a near 3 hour set at a Charity Concert in Kendal at The Leisure Centre.The sound from the stage with the Sax in the band was fantastic..it really added to the experience and the music took on a whole new dimension....
;)
  • Page: