Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Good Luck/Bad Luck

Good Luck/Bad Luck 12 years 3 months ago #5570

• psychomenagerie
In the latest in a long line of accidents/mishaps in my life I was wondering if I am cursed with bad luck or if life throws these kind of incidents at everyone.
I've been looking after a car for my nephew, whose been on a year long round the world holiday since last August, the MOT is due shortly, so he e-mailed me to ask if I would take it to the garage and have it done, no problem I thought, but as it has been stood so long I thought it would probably need the battery charging, the central locking was dead, so I opened it the good old fashioned way with the key, as I connected the jump leads, the central locking activated, with, you've guessed the keys inside the bloody car. Ok I'll get someone round to sort it out, nobody got hurt etc, but as I said when things like this constantly happen you do start to think someone up there doesn't like you, another example, a few weeks ago, day off, nice weather, so I thought I'd cut the grass, wisely I thought, I'll move the car, just in case, so car moved, mower plugged in, start it up and SMASH!, a stone under the mower whizzed out from un derneath, straight through car window, another incident, a few years ago I was working at a local steel fabrication company, where all jobs had to be done yesterday, anyway one day I'm cutting a length of box section with burning gun, I had length resting on tressles, & young apprentice holding other end, expecting him to know, as I cut some off one end, he'd be able to relax his grip on the other, but no, as I cut through the steel, he kept holding his end down, knocking burning gun out of my hands, and to this day I'll never know quite how, but the fully lit burning gun came to rest in my gauntlet, I don't mind admitting there were tears in my eyes until I got to the hospital where they applied some cream immediately, which soothed the pain. Still not sure if I'm unlucky, read on, another fabrication company, another accident, I'd been welding on a job, I needed the forklift driver to assist me, to hold his forks in place above my head while I tacked a frame in place so it didn't move as I tacked it, anyway he couldn't come immediately, he was busy at the time, when he he came, his forks were in the air, with a pallet on them, no problem I thought, I only need him to gently push the frame into place, it took a bit of to-ing & fro-ing, but got frame into place, for me to tack, welded a couple of tacks, & then BANG! I didn't know he'd left a 14lb sledgehammer on the pallet, & with the backward & forward motion of the truck, it toppled off the pallet, & straight onto my head, incredibly it didn't knock me out, but Christ, 13 years later writing this thread, I can still feel the pain when I think about it, anyway, the ambulance came to take me to hospital, asked me a few questions, 1 of which was, "did you lose consciousness" no I replied, "you were lucky weren't you" I know what he meant, but I thought if I'd really been lucky, surely the hammer would have missed me altogether.
And there are many, many other incidents like those throughout the years, way too many to write down, but to counter all that I've been married for 23 years(thats more than a life sentence isn't it?) and have 3 wonderful kids, so, am I lucky/unlucky or just your average 48 year old man.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Good Luck/Bad Luck 12 years 3 months ago #5573

• Craig
Unlucky ???? Some would say Incompetent !!!!! :) Not me tho, B)

Re:Good Luck/Bad Luck 12 years 3 months ago #5577

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
funny read mate,know exactly what your saying.reckon its an age thing,45+ and it all seems like bad luck.!
If I fell in to a skip full of tits,I'd come out sucking me thumb!!!
:laugh:

by the way did the bang on your head make you forget how to use paragraphs?
LOL.
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:Good Luck/Bad Luck 12 years 3 months ago #5581

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
Unlucky??? you ain't seen me muvver in-laws boat race!!!!