“You’re having a laugh! “

Victoria
“Nanny’s on the phone Robyn “

The next voice I hear is my Granddaughters

Robyn
“Nanny Nanny, when you coming round?”
“I’ve got a trampoline! “

Deborah
“Have you? (Deborah act’s totally surprised! But knows exactly what Nanny and Granddad bought her) How Lucky are you? “
Happy Birthday Darling,

Robyn
“When you coming round nanny? “
Deborah (tired as a tic) minus any hesitation. replies
“Now baby, nanny will come now. “ Then adds
“Can I have a go on your new trampoline?

Robyn
Totally unfazed by the request
Replies
OK, but
Hurry up nanny,

I ask ya! Kids! Who’d ave erm? So I get handed back to Mummy who informs me they are both waiting! So. I tell her I’ll get up and be round shortly.

So it’s a quick dash to the bathroom and throw on a pair of jeans and slip on a T shirt.
Now don’t ask me why? But as I slid the wardrobe doors apart this day I spied my 2 special Harley T shirts ( the psychomodo ones ) the black one and the white one,. (All other T shirts are folded and away in draws) but these 2 where very special so where hung up when they arrived and have been waiting for a special occasion ever since. I was saving them for a special Harley Day ( in the back of my mind I was always waiting for a day in a life such as Birmingham )

As I flicked through some tops hanging therejust to throw over my Jeans , Harley’s Face popped out from between them ,on that psychomodo T shirt . ( the black one ) and just I remembered , the time just flooded my mind back to the first time I ever picked up that Album sleave back in 74 and I smiled and just pulled it off the hanger, thinking , oh sod it, I’ll put it on now, why not ? It’s a special day after all! Robyn was 6 years old today. So I slipped on me T shirt, me gotta look so cool! No biba braces! But hey! I was never that cruel.

Anyway! Long story . gone round, done all the birthday prezzies from nanny and cards and trampoline thing !
So it’s time to get Robyn ready for school, she wants to get in the bath , because she’s got this mermaid Mocksey doll that swims in the bath, so I’ve run the bath she’s playing with this mermaid Doll and I’m kneeling down on the floor telling her I always wanted to be a mermaid when I grew up ! trying to wash the Childs hair while she plays ! Anyway!
This is a classic! She! ( Robyn my 6 year old granddaughter ) glances up at me and I see her eyes drop from my face , she’s looking at my Steve Harley T shirt .

Robyn
“Nanny ! ? “

Nanny
“ yes darling “

Robyn
Is that Gary Barlow ? “ ( pointing at my chest )

Nanny looks down at the face of a 23 Steve Harley on the T shirts
As Time stands still! A thousands words in a moment flash by

Deborah looks up and smiles

No Darling that’s Steve Harley.

Give her 8 or 10 years ! She’ll understand

I won’t bore you with the rest of the Day. Just wanted you to share that little jem with ya all .

Kids! Who’d ave erm?
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Gary Barlow ! 12 years 3 months ago #5579

• PeterJH
Sweet :laugh:

Re:Gary Barlow ! 12 years 3 months ago #5580

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
You're a Nan !!!! ?

Re:Gary Barlow ! 12 years 3 months ago #5589

• Pandorah
THE PHANTOM wrote:
You're a Nan !!!! ?

ha ha ha Mark :laugh: your so funny !

anyway! how's that scarf looking ? hope you've kept it in a dark place all thease years so it's lovely shade of blue hasn't faded ! :kiss:

Top Draw was'nt it ?

Re:Gary Barlow ! 12 years 3 months ago #5624

• joanna
:laugh: Classic!

Back to the 0630 mornings again then!!! Hopefully the sun was shining too , its never so bad then..
Jo
Smile x