Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SH on Bowie

Re:SH on Bowie 12 years 2 months ago #5674

• Mr Raffles
Thought the Ziggy Stardust tribute was very good.Enough archive film to easily keep it going for a full hour.Wouldn't there be a problem finding enough old footage of Cockney Rebel to do a similar programme on Steve? The BBC have done a pretty good job of wiping many of his early TOTP's appearances.Having said that Steve's story is a long and fascinating one and a channel like BBC 4 might even consider such a project.It would need us as fans to make such a request.Wonder if Steve would take part if asked by the Beeb??
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:SH on Bowie 12 years 2 months ago #5675

• jackpot1
Steve on Mick Ronson's great talents: "It must have been like having Stravinsky in your band" - priceless!

Re:SH on Bowie 12 years 2 months ago #5677

• cockneyr3bel
hya,Alizrinstag ,I havent copied onto dvd yet,not sure what you can watch in the US,if your compatable,I could do you a copy if you like love glynis

Re:SH on Bowie 12 years 2 months ago #5686

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
cockneyr3bel wrote:
hya,Alizrinstag ,I havent copied onto dvd yet,not sure what you can watch in the US,if your compatable,I could do you a copy if you like love glynis

I can run most things on my computer. :) If not my friend Marc is a tech wizard and could make it happen. Thanks for the offer sweety. I am going through Steve withdrawal right now!
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:SH on Bowie 12 years 2 months ago #5687

• psychomenagerie
Decent enough show, thought the contributions from Steve, & Elton John were interesting, I'd have liked to have seen some insights from other artists of the time, such as Lou Reed,Iggy Pop, Ian Hunter, etc.,people who've worked with the man rather than Kemp, or Johnson, but overall good show about 1 of THE best artists of all time.

Re:SH on Bowie 12 years 2 months ago #5694

• Hobo With A Gin.
  • Ian.
I wonder how many of us, like me, had their 'Road to Damascus' moment the night that 'Starman' was on TOTP ?

With 'Judy Teen' a close second.