Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SH on Bowie

SH on Bowie 12 years 2 months ago #5661

• jollyroger
On the TV doc just shown, Steve wasn't over-featured, but spoke on several occasions with great eloquence regarding the period and the Bowie musicians Ronson and Garson. His description of Bowie as "a Pegasus" was brilliant and far and away the most poetical, imaginative observation of what was a pretty shallow programme. Reg Cornwall
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:SH on Bowie 12 years 2 months ago #5662

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:SH on Bowie 12 years 2 months ago #5663

• Hobo With A Gin.
  • Ian.
I'll be watching the later showing, following the 'Ziggy Stardust' film.
My first gig was the Ziggy tour at Leeds Rollerena, I still remember it as if it was yesterday.

Can't believe it will be 40 years next year.

Re:SH on Bowie 12 years 2 months ago #5666

• cockneyr3bel
I too watched Steve,and like you thought it was pretty shallow,although I loved the Laughing Knome.I just wonder when,as Steve has been in the buisness for over 40 years,when he gets his night,of tributes etc .

Re:SH on Bowie 12 years 2 months ago #5669

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
cockneyr3bel wrote:
I too watched Steve,and like you thought it was pretty shallow,although I loved the Laughing Knome.I just wonder when,as Steve has been in the buisness for over 40 years,when he gets his night,of tributes etc .

I can't watch it in the US, as much as I'd like too. But honestly even as someone who's been a Bowie fan since she was a tot, I'd rather see Steve's show. This isn't flattery, it's straight up truth. How many Bowie shows has there been? I just want something I haven't seen before. A whole show about Mr. Steve would be something.
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:SH on Bowie 12 years 2 months ago #5672

• Relled
Excellent Bowie docu shame Harley input was so short & sweet
but as always he managed to say much more in a few short sentences than others did with many words.
The show reminded me of my school days when it was all Bowie & Bolan in the playground but I knew having seen Steve performing Judy Teen on TOTP that he was the real star.Somehow not following all the other kids & having my own hero (a local one too, as I grew up in Camberwell a stones throw from Newcross) made it all the more special.
Surely its about time a film maker gets his cameras rolling on Steve.