& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dandy In The Underworld

Dandy In The Underworld 12 years 2 months ago #5868

• GedKen
Hi,

does anyone know of any non-'SteveHarley/Cockney Rebel' tracks on which Steve sings lead or backing vocals?

I have just been flicking through my collection and come across some albums which feature Steve. For example Steve is lead vocal on 'The Voice' which is a stand-out track on Alan Parson's 'I Robot'. Steve is also involved in a couple of tracks on Duncan MacKay's album 'Score' and he is also lead vocal on a track called 'No Name' on Rick Wakeman's album '1984'.

There is a 1978 album of a rock opera called 'Dear Anyone' which features Steve.

Steve also sang backing vocals on the title track of Marc Bolan's wonderful, though tragically final, studio album.

Does anyone know of any other tracks/albums which include the Master's voice?

Ebay awaits!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Dandy In The Underworld 12 years 2 months ago #5869

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
I'm useless in adding to this thread, but I wanted to just add how much I love all of those, especially the Duncan MacKay one. I mean god, the boy is versatile vocally speaking.

His backing vocals on Dandy are so hella cool. Just the right touch.
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:Dandy In The Underworld 12 years 2 months ago #5870

• GedKen
Hi AlizarinStag,

ta, you have added to this I'd say.

DitU is a fantastic album, you're spot on with Steve's contribution to the title track.

There is a tribute to concert for Marc in September. A special night, a great charity, and Steve is performing; though, for me on this one, the chance to just to finally see Linda Lewis gig is worth the ticket price alone.

Check it out.

www.prsformusicfund.com/marcbolan/lineup.asp

Re:Dandy In The Underworld 12 years 2 months ago #5871

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
GedKen wrote:
Hi AlizarinStag,

ta, you have added to this I'd say.

DitU is a fantastic album, you're spot on with Steve's contribution to the title track.

There is a tribute to concert for Marc in September. A special night, a great charity, and Steve is performing; though, for me on this one, the chance to just to finally see Linda Lewis gig is worth the ticket price alone.

Check it out.

www.prsformusicfund.com/marcbolan/lineup.asp

Sadly, I won't be in the country till November. Otherwise I'd be all over that immediately! Thanks though! I totally live in the wrong country! Heh.
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:Dandy In The Underworld 12 years 2 months ago #5873

• cockneyr3bel
hi he has also done Harrow on the Hill,on Poetry In Motion,and Ich Bin Gott.i have spent the last month buying all the above and am in the process of putting them all onto a cd for my own use.this weekend I will be putting them all back on ebay,only wanted steves tracks,pandora on Dear Anyone was amazing and loved Score.

Re:Dandy In The Underworld 12 years 2 months ago #5874

• cockneyr3bel
hi have heard that linda lewis has pulled out.danielz from trexstasy wrote it in his journal
  • Page: