Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Here Comes The Sun!

Here Comes The Sun! 12 years 1 month ago #5879

• stewart g
Funny,yesterday in the garden it felt like it was 1976 all over again.Johnnie Walker was on the Radio playing top tunes,the sun was blasting down and I was digging around in the strawberry plot just like I used to do in the Family Allotment in that hot Summer of 1976.I found myself thinking of my Dad ( RIP) who loved Gardening and thinking back to that hot Summer of 1976.Thinking back to a boy and his dreams of all those years ago...
Suddenly on Johnnie's Radio 2 show came the great intro of Here Comes The Sun by Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel,perfect for the day and perfect for my thought process.
And to think that as we live and learn we only follow God's path....
And the strawberries that survived the rain,tasted lovely..
Love and Peace to all Rebel's out there!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Here Comes The Sun! 12 years 1 month ago #5886

• newiejudy
Stewart
I so enjoyed reading about your lovely memories ... isn't it funny when sometimes it's just the little things that take you back? It got me thinking about how my parents (I've lost them both) had a vegetable patch in our backyard when I was growing up. Mum used to cook the most amazing stewed rhubarb (I tried to make it but it sure didn't turn out like hers used to). We also grew strawberries, but I couldn't eat them 'cause they gave me hives!!!
Judy
xxx

Re:Here Comes The Sun! 12 years 1 month ago #5888

• psychomenagerie
Nice post Stewart, 1976, what a year, sunshine almost every day, great music of the times, great days indeed.

Re:Here Comes The Sun! 12 years 1 month ago #5915

• stewart g
Judy,We had a some Rhubarb crumble this week and your right the little things take you back...My Dad's Allotment was on the edge of the road near where I used to walk home from School and most days in the spring /early Summer I used to pick a piece and eat it raw..always tasted great! Every time I pick some Rhubarb these days I always think of my Dad and his face when he'd tell me at the weekend " I'm sure someone's pinching the rhubarb!!"....
Years later I made my big confession!! :blush:
and Psychomenagerie....1976 for many of us of a certain age your right will always have special memories.Our school spent a week in Snowdonia in July 1976..walking for hours,beautiful sunshine,amazing scenery to a backdrop of Top of the pops/Alan Freeman's Saturday Show and The BBC Top 20 every Sunday....
Those times are entrenched with me forever....

Re:Here Comes The Sun! 12 years 1 month ago #5918

• newiejudy
stewart g wrote:
Judy,We had a some Rhubarb crumble this week and your right the little things take you back...My Dad's Allotment was on the edge of the road near where I used to walk home from School and most days in the spring /early Summer I used to pick a piece and eat it raw..always tasted great! Every time I pick some Rhubarb these days I always think of my Dad and his face when he'd tell me at the weekend " I'm sure someone's pinching the rhubarb!!"....
Years later I made my big confession!! :blush:
and Psychomenagerie....1976 for many of us of a certain age your right will always have special memories.Our school spent a week in Snowdonia in July 1976..walking for hours,beautiful sunshine,amazing scenery to a backdrop of Top of the pops/Alan Freeman's Saturday Show and The BBC Top 20 every Sunday....
Those times are entrenched with me forever....

Wow - rhubarb crumble (makes my mouth water) ... then again my Mum made the best apple crumble too - more memories!!!

Re:Here Comes The Sun! 12 years 1 month ago #5921

• joanna
Should have been revising !!!!!! but hey, 70`s Managed to get the old extension cable out onto the lawn with the Dansette record player playing........
Psychomodo...over and over and over....wow good times indeed. B)
Still good on the ipod thingie yesterday in the sun tho.
Smile x
  • Page: