& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Olympics

Re:The Olympics 12 years 1 month ago #5969

• psychomenagerie
psychomenagerie wrote:
So, just days to go, and to be absolutely honest I'm sick to the back teeth of them already, to be fair I'm a football man,

Well, I stand corrected, I have to admit I was well & truly won over by the Olympics, obviously Team GB doing so well made it far more exciting from the Brits point of view, but I have to admit I was wrong as far as my attitude before the games began is concerned, the opening ceremony was excellent as was the closing ceremony, and all in between.
The quote I've taken from my opening post on this thread, is deliberate, in that I believe football, fans & teams could well learn an awful lot from the games, the support given, mainly to Team GB but not exclusively, was incredible, the way the participants in ALL activities conducted themselves was DEFINITELY a lesson which football, players & managers could well learn from,how to WIN & LOSE with dignity.
I'll never be comfortable with the amount of money involved, but the 16 days of London 2012 definitely changed my attitude to the Olympics.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:The Olympics 12 years 1 month ago #5974

• joanna
Hey. ....there you go.
I totally agree with your last post too.. and Im missing all the " GOOD NEWS " buzz from the Tv.
Best just switch it off and get back to the music... now wheres that Ipod.
Smile x
Please login/register to post on the forum.
  • Page: