Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2012/13 Football Season

2012/13 Football Season 12 years 1 month ago #5899

• psychomenagerie
I know its a couple of weeks away yet, but I've got time to kill at the moment so thought I'd start this thread now, for anyone whose interested in football, premier league to non league, English to Spanish and everywhere in between.

Obviously a lot of business to be done in the transfer market at the moment, so things could change quite dramatically between now and end of August, but I'm going to stick my neck out and make predictions about a few competitions for the forthcoming season.

The Premier League
1. Man. City
2. Chelsea
3. Man. Utd
4. Arsenal
5. Liverpool
6. Spurs
7. Newcastle
8. Everton
9. Aston Villa
10.Q.P.R.
11.Stoke
12.Sunderland
13.Fulham
14.Swansea
15.Norwich
16.W.B.A.
17.West Ham
18.Reading
19.Southampton
20.Wigan

Hard to decide between City & Chelsea, but looking at City's squad, and knowing they will strengthen I go for them to beat Chelsea, in what I think will be a two horse race for the title, United,imo, probably won't last the course this season,other than Rooney, not too many goalscorers in their squad, and too much reliance on ageing midfielders.
I think Arsene Wenger has enough experience to guide the Gunners into the last Champs. Lge. spot, but think Rodgers will improve Liverpool sufficiently to push them all the way.
Spurs, not sure, Villas Boas has a bit to prove in England, after his spell at Chelsea, & think it might take time for him & the players to gel together.
Down at the bottom, once again I expect Wigan to be involved in a relegation battle, and this time they'll lose, I also think Soton, & Reading will make quick returns to the Championship.

Other predictions to follow as the season unfolds.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:2012/13 Football Season 12 years 1 month ago #5903

• fatfish59
Judging by your post, you're probably a Chelsea fan! :angry:

1 - Man City (by miles)
2 - Man Utd
3 - Cheatski
4 - Spurs
5 - Arsenal
6 - Everton
7 - Newcastle
8 - Liverpool
9 - Fulham
10 - Sunderland
11 - WBA
12 - QPR
13 - Stoke
14 - Norwich
15 - Reading
16 - Wigan
17 - Villa
18 - West Ham
19 - Swansea
20 - Southampton (by miles)

Re:2012/13 Football Season 12 years 1 month ago #5904

• psychomenagerie
fatfish59 wrote:
Judging by your post, you're probably a Chelsea fan! :angry:

Way off there Fatfish, lifelong UNITED fan, first saw them back in the old Division 2, lost 2-0 to Hull City.
Anyway, now I'm back, I might as well give some more predictions, thse are probably the most bang on I'll make, ready?
The bookies will be trembling at this one, a double, Celtic to win the SPL, & their dear neighbours to win Division 3!
Should imagine the odds for that particular double won't make anyone very rich!

Re:2012/13 Football Season 12 years 1 month ago #5905

• Rebel
Couldn't give a monkies - since I'm a Coventry fan.

I could give you a prediction of how league 1 might finish!

If push came to shove, I would probabley go for Man City to win, but i'm not so sure about Southampton for relagation?

Re:2012/13 Football Season 12 years 1 month ago #5971

• psychomenagerie
Well, just 3 days to go to the big kick off, can't believe how quiet the transfer market has been, & depending on that am holding off on changing premier lge prediction. As things stand, IF & its a big IF, Arse lose RVP, & Alex Song, I may well take them out of my top 4.

Rebel, Cov made it through to 2nd round of the League Cup last night, how do you see them doing in League 1, every season I have a little flutter on all 4 divisions champions, & at the moment have whittled Prem., Champ., & Lge 2 down to probable winners, but am struggling with Lge.1. Sheff. Utd. are favourites with most bookies, but they also fancy MK Dons, PNE, Swindon, & Coventry, at first glance my fancy was Coventry,or Sheff. Utd., do you think they (Cov)will be up there come May?

At the moment a four team accumulator on City, Bolton, Sheff. Utd. & Chesterfield, would return over £11,000, for a £10 stake.