Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: WICKHAM

WICKHAM 12 years 1 month ago #5935

• joanna
:kiss: Looking and sounding good guys very special night for me.
Thank you SO much
hug jo
Smile x
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:WICKHAM 12 years 1 month ago #5936

• jackpot1
Copy that, Jo!! We had a ball, too - must have been 15,000 inside and outside the marquee in a lovely sunny evening, and Steve and the boys delivered big time!! Never heard singing like that from any crowd, and Riding The Waves was a sensational sing-along. Strangers to SH',music absolutely love it. Sebastian was magnificent and seemed to catch many there by surprise, as it had been mostly a folky fest until SH and team hit the stage. Lots of bagpipes and whistles and jigs, so Steve deleiverd the first real rock show of the fest. As for Make Me Smile, what a way to end a great hgour set. KT Tunstall was fun and sweet after, but had a real hard time trying to follow that, as she was preforming completely solo. Should have been billed the other way round really. The crowd would have happily taken another hour of Steve and the band. Jack

Re:WICKHAM 12 years 1 month ago #5937

• joanna
Hi Jack
Good sum up... Yes Id go with that too.. I think KT Tunstall did well though with her magical boogie box and held her spot well. I agree, she should have played first as was quite flat following......I very much enjoyed Adam? on drums too (sorry Stueee) a very full and beefier sound show from him all round.......Barry had obviously been practicing !!!!...(joke) I was in tears at the beginning of The Lighthouse....just couldnt help it.
The hour went way way too fast.
I wonder if Steve did stay on to watch the following two Artists? as Rachel mentioned in an earlier post?
We had a lovely visit into Wickham this morning with scrummy crispy bacon sarnie at The Green and a comfortable stay at The New Inn Hotel ALL to be recommended for next year if (PLEASE PLEASE ) Steve returns..They will surely ask!
Smile x