& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Appeal for a live CD

Appeal for a live CD 12 years 1 month ago #5950

• joanna
Just a thought... :dry:
I know the Guestbook mentioned in May (22nd) re the stalling of the live CD and the reasons why however.....
(and here`s the thing)........ Its just NOT the same, getting back home from a gig to re live those wonderful moments of the evening, of the music, the atmosphere, and especially Steves now rich, warm VOCALS on a pre recorded Cd bought ages ago.... I appreciate the true professionalism of your works but thought Id just mention my thoughts...... (tip toes out into the shadows now)
Thanks again x :woohoo:
Smile x
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Appeal for a live CD 12 years 1 month ago #5954

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
Like your thinking Jo,not just a pretty face....LOL. ;)
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:Appeal for a live CD 12 years 1 month ago #5955

• joanna
:blush:

Hey Mr Jim you are making me blush....how are you?

No ulterior motive .... its just how it feels.... Ive only got the older "Stripped " live CD...and end up playing that over and over when driving home and for ever after... It just feels more real. Well it is isnt it, to a degree?
Leamington was a major atmospheric night I wonder if anything from that evening was saved .... Not really sure what Im rambling on about now really " saved ...recorded"... Bit tired another busy evening at work and Im now on call uuuck .I just love it all.

Sighs..... love it all
;)
Smile x

Re:Appeal for a live CD 12 years 1 month ago #5956

• Relled
Totally agree with you Joanna a live cd stirs the memories of seeing a great tour & the musicians in the present Cockney Rebel line up are second to none so its a real shame we haven't had complete rock band set on cd yet.
Also I'd love to hear again that stunning version of Make Me Smile Steve did in its original slow form.
"Amplifier" a prog grunge band (their description not mine)are a relatively small band but somehow seem to be able to record most of the sets on their tours & make them available as a download usually for about £5 & the quality is pretty good.
Wouldn't it be great if Steve could do something like that too or maybe get "Concert Live" involved so you can pick the cd up on the same night,my copy of Thin Lizzy at the Indigo2 is brilliant.
This is just a thought with the biggie coming up in November!

Re:Appeal for a live CD 12 years 1 month ago #5957

• GedKen
I went to a small band's (industry) gig in a rehearsal studio in Hoxton a couple of years ago and they managed to record and produce a CD of the gig (complete with box and cover) within 20 minutes of the show ending. The company producing the CD might still be going (I have their contact details if needed).

The band have since broken up - but the CD is a happy memento of a gig in a sweaty room.

Re:Appeal for a live CD 12 years 1 month ago #5958

• joanna
Relled said:
Wouldn't it be great if Steve could do something like that too or maybe get "Concert Live" involved so you can pick the cd up on the same night"
Now there IS a thought.....All ideas for the team to check out...I guess ? possibly

GedKen said:
The band have since broken up - but the CD is a happy memento of a gig in a sweaty room.

Good idea perhaps BAD omen :ohmy: As for the sweaty room?....it can get a bit hot down there :woohoo:

p.s Relled your avatar frightens me though...... not sure why, quite eerie.

Cheers Jo
Smile x
  • Page: