Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: no coincidence between SH&CR and Bijelo dugme

no coincidence between SH&CR and Bijelo dugme 12 years 1 month ago #5975

• Nebojsa1975
its time to show you something, its about old group from Ex Yugoslavia that called Bijelo dugme.They have same producer Neil Harrison (Human Menagerie) on few albums in 70's.And i bealive that Bijelo dugme have some songs that remind a little bit of old Cockney, maybe even a copy in some way of looking who understand.Goran Bregovic leader of BD was probably as i know,he listen radio luxembourg in that time and he stealed many songs and make it on his way.To remind you that this group was the best group here and all over the ex YU which still audience listen, remembering old days of bands glory.to not talk too much, here is some similarity : Sebastian or Black or White songs with orchestra has influnced him to make (thats my thinking) song : "Sve ce to mila moja prekriti ruzmarin snjegovi i sas" .Then, listen song "lay me down" chorus and listen BD song "pristao sam bicu sve sto hoce" chorus too .Maybe there some other songs too have same chords and playing but this just i catched.Im waiting on you all to tell me what you think? How this look to you all?

Link for discogs : www.discogs.com/artist/Neil+Harrison#t=C...ts_Production&q=&p=1
Human Menagerie front cover of LP album i never gonna forget.From my childhood till today.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:no coincidence between SH&CR and Bijelo dugme 12 years 1 month ago #5976

• Nebojsa1975
And to tell that probably Neil Harrison give'em little his job in this songs , same as to Cockneys on first lp.
Human Menagerie front cover of LP album i never gonna forget.From my childhood till today.

Re:no coincidence between SH&CR and Bijelo dugme 12 years 1 month ago #5977

• Nebojsa1975
And after all my opinion still goes to Cockneys cause they been FIRST ORIGINAL, sorry on my gramatics.

Re:no coincidence between SH&CR and Bijelo dugme 12 years 1 month ago #5978

• steve
What are you on man this is nothing like Mr Harley

Re:no coincidence between SH&CR and Bijelo dugme 12 years 1 month ago #5979

• GedKen
Y(o)u go(t to be) slavi(ng) a (laugh)?!!!

(Before you say it Stella, yes I know, you're right, it's very late, I should get some sleep - but I just couldn't resist it, I tried.... but I really couldn't stop myself) LOL x

Re:no coincidence between SH&CR and Bijelo dugme 12 years 1 month ago #5982

• joanna
Very good ..........now get to bed ! before Stella sees this !!!:woohoo:
Smile x
  • Page: