Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Birmingham tickets on Ebay

Re:Birmingham tickets on Ebay 12 years 1 week ago #6122

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Wow. All done at £190.21 plus £2.50 P&P.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Birmingham tickets on Ebay 12 years 1 week ago #6123

• Tglyn
Excellent news ....the tickets for a show never to be forgoten.
Who would have thought Stephen would be playing the "Birmingham Symphony Hall" after him first starting in the family front room, we remember it well...
We will be there on this very special once in a lifetime occasion to enjoy watching him at his best...thanks.
Tony & Jackie

Re:Birmingham tickets on Ebay 12 years 1 week ago #6125

• Jack
I lost out concerning the two tickets put on ebay by Maximus but still desperate to source two. My brother and I are debating whether or not it is worthwhile travelling down to Birmingham from Glasgow in the hope of picking up two tickets on the night. It goes without saying that any help concerning tickets would be appreciated. He is playing Glasgow but it is not The Human Menagerie/Psychomodo set up which I am desperate to see.

Re:Birmingham tickets on Ebay 12 years 1 week ago #6126

• maximus
Ok just to let you know the final outcome.
As most of you are aware the tickets sold for £190 to a genuine Steve Harley of over 40 years.
Because tickets for this concert were on general sale for a good few weeks before it sold out I stupidly didn't think there would be so much interest in the them when I originally put them on ebay, that why I put them on at £100 to try and cover the ebay fees but this seemed to upset a few people.
When I withdrew them off ebay I was offered a rather substancial sum for them by email (I couldn't believe the offer ) but I refused as that was never what I wanted.
After a lot of thought I decided the only fair way was to auction them and see what transpired, some may disagree but I thought this was fair.
It was suggested I should give some of the money I made from the tickets to charity and that did cross my mind at one stage but I decided against this when I saw the final price the tickets sold for.
What I have decided to do, and have carried out is that I have taken the price of the tickets and fees and refunded the rest of the money to the buyer except for the price of a bottle of malt whisky, which on the night of the concert I will drink while playing The Human menagerie and The Phycomodo and raise a glass to you all enjoying what I would have loved to see.
Well thats it all done and dusted now, no doubt the final outcome will still be wrong to a few people but it is done now and I am happy with it, to everone who offered their support a big thanx, especially to Stella.
I hope everyone has a great night and I maybeI will see some of you at Glasgow in December

Jim

Re:Birmingham tickets on Ebay 12 years 1 week ago #6127

• ffcforever
  • Primary School PE and School Sports Teacher
Well done Jim an excellent outcome all round !

Re:Birmingham tickets on Ebay 12 years 1 week ago #6128

• Tglyn
A real gentleman....hold your head up high young man.