Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Silly Season

Re:Silly Season 12 years 3 weeks ago #6056

• leonacht
Rachel ,
there is no need to excuse ! You , Steve , Andy and all the people involved in SH & CR are allowed to have a nice , long & decompressing vacation ! . July and august are ' warm season months ' , real holidaymonths , and everybody who is occupied with this marvellous site is more than ' standby ' for a big 10 months . Much appreciation for the efforts made during the ' working year ' and we hope everybody will have energy and power to restart the new SH tour through Europe and the special concert with orchestra ! ( I tried my best english in this message , sorry for the little mistakes in the language )
Leo for L&S ;)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Silly Season 12 years 3 weeks ago #6057

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Leo. Please don't apologise for little mistakes. You write very good English. It is all very comprehensible. However your mention of a "decompressing vacation" made me smile. It's not a phrase we'd use but I think I may use it in the future. Stella
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Silly Season 12 years 2 weeks ago #6095

• Liddyminto
  • Rediscovered Steve Harley after IndigO2 Dec 2011.
Decompressing sounds like a Google translation - probably for 'relaxing'. But you know what? I love that word and intend to ask all my friends at work if they had a decompressing holiday.

Nice work Leo. Your English is great. We British are VERY bad at other languages so no need to apologise. Lovely message too. There are some nice people on this forum. :) You too Stella. :)

Jean

Re:Silly Season 12 years 2 weeks ago #6102

• leonacht
Thank you all for the lovely comments .
' Decompressing ' is no google translation , but occasionaly used ( in Belgium ) as a synonym for the word 'relaxing' in my nervous businessworld .
I never try to be nice on purpose . I always ' ventilate ' my own personal opinion . But of course it's always nice if people appreciate the language one uses to express emotions , objections , feelings or whatever.....
Anyway ; The songs of Steve , the life performances of SH&CR ,
Steve's music , Steve's dynamic , Steve's high level personality... juiced & spiced with the fantastic band... well..one evening is as decompressing as one week vacation in France .
CUall , readUall...with a special smile for Stella & Liddy !
Leo for L&S

Re:Silly Season 12 years 2 weeks ago #6103

• jackpot1
Nice words, Leo. I bet there are many Brits who like me wish they could speak or write in Flemish! Your EWnglish is really good. Jack

Re:Silly Season 12 years 5 days ago #6168

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
....didn't Rachel say something about a new Diary Entry soon? :P
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.