Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wogan/Emma Thompson

Wogan/Emma Thompson 12 years 2 weeks ago #6092

• jollyroger
On Sunday, Wogan, Radio 2 mid-morning, Emma Thompson was mentioning "Steve Harley's Make Me Smile. Wogan told her they didn't have that one...obviously nonsense, as ALL classics are on the Beeb's computer which his engineer had access to. Twn minutes or so later, he did play MMS.
I missed the earlier conversation, so wonder if anyone can fill me in what they were talking about, and did Ms T actually call it her favourite of all time or similar? Any help gratefully accepted - as I type, I realise I could check with iPlayer, but I don't have a clue what time in the show this all occured.Thanks in advance for any update. Reg
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Wogan/Emma Thompson 12 years 2 weeks ago #6099

• GedKen
About 1.40 in to the show.

ET was talking about her book about Peter Rabbit. TW asked her for a couple of favourite tracks. ET gave SH and The Fratellis. TW was messing around saying he didn't have them as he played the Fs straightaway and MMS a little time later with ET mentioning it is one of her favourite songs. :)

Re:Wogan/Emma Thompson 12 years 2 weeks ago #6100

• jollyroger
Thanks, GedKen, much obliged.
Reg

Re:Wogan/Emma Thompson 12 years 1 week ago #6106

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
GedKen wrote:
About 1.40 in to the show.

ET was talking about her book about Peter Rabbit. TW asked her for a couple of favourite tracks. ET gave SH and The Fratellis. TW was messing around saying he didn't have them as he played the Fs straightaway and MMS a little time later with ET mentioning it is one of her favourite songs. :)

Fratellis and Steve? I knew I loved that woman.
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel