Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The T Shirt,CDS and Birmingham's on the way....

Re:The T Shirt,CDS and Birmingham's on the way.... 11 years 11 months ago #6344

• Maggie Jones
Hobo you must be a bloke, although it's not clear from your moniker, because any woman would want that shirt AND the man on it. I love the shirt, one of the best rock T-shrts ever. Hard to imagine what you were expecting to be honest. anyway, the criticism seems sort of unnecessary, seeing as the artist and his team probably read this forum, why be hurtful?
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:The T Shirt,CDS and Birmingham's on the way.... 11 years 11 months ago #6348

• Hobo With A Gin.
  • Ian.
I'm not looking to hurt anyone, I've been a fan since the very beginning and admire Steve and the members of the band immensly, but am just disappointed.

I'm far from being a designer/arty person and could have done a similar t-shirt.

Some of the artwork Alizarin Stag has linked to on this forum previously would have made a great design, as I posted when she showed it.

Re:The T Shirt,CDS and Birmingham's on the way.... 11 years 11 months ago #6351

• cheri
Ana has definitely done some incredibly good artwork of Steve, it's true. But, I DO like the shirt and have ordered TWO. :) One for me and one for a friend. We need to get Steve to the US now. He's too good to go unnoticed in the United States.

Cheri

Re:The T Shirt,CDS and Birmingham's on the way.... 11 years 11 months ago #6353

• PeterJH
I'm disappointed too Hobo, I don't like the t shirt design. Not for me. Will I be shot for this sin? I'm sure my minority opinion won't affect the sales lol.

I have also listened to clips from Disc 3 of the Cavaliers Anthology on Amazon, and it sounds brilliant. I never thought I'd get to hear such treasure.

Re:The T Shirt,CDS and Birmingham's on the way.... 11 years 11 months ago #6354

• Mr Raffles
I'm with Hobo and Peter on this one.If i'm not mistaken the photo on the t-shirt is from the Reading Festival August 1974 just after the first Cockney Rebel had split up. The Cavaliers CD package and Birmingham concert is supposed to be a kind of celebration of that original band and those first two classic albums.Having said that,the album and concert will be the two highlights of the year so far!

Re:The T Shirt,CDS and Birmingham's on the way.... 11 years 11 months ago #6355

• Mr Raffles
By the way doesn't the early version of Mirror Freak sound amazing!!??