Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Birmingham : A word of warning

Birmingham : A word of warning 11 years 11 months ago #6387

• Cocnerebel
I stayed in the Jury's Inn on Broad Street, Birmingham last Saturday (Ray Davies was playing at The Symphony Hall).

It seems that residents ONLY are allowed in the hotel after 11pm. They allow entrance after that time through just one door and is manned by security guards. I am guessing that there will be quite a number of people who are staying at other hotels in the vicinity, or who live locally, who were hoping to go into Jury's after the gig on 24th November for what has been mooted as an after show party. Just a word of warning that this does not look possible unless somebody can persuade the hotel management to waive the requirement on this occasion.

All the local bars (including The Brasshouse) will have turned into disco's after 11 pm, if Saturday night was anything to go by, so there is no chance of adjourning to a local hostelry as an alternative.

An added complication is that Jury's Inn were advertising their Christmas Disco nights to be held in the hotel bar at a cost of £35 including buffet and 80's disco. These are scheduled to commence on 23rd November and are being held every Friday and Saturday night. I am not sure how this will affect the plans for the intended Harley party.

Oh, and the bar shuts at 2 am.

Please don't shoot me ...... I am only the messenger!!

Mike
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re: Birmingham : A word of warning 11 years 11 months ago #6388

• Pandorah
oh great ! thanks for that mike,
I'm sure some could even persuade the emperor to put some clothes on lol !

mind you after leaving that Hall I'm sure some will just need a dark room to lay down in.

Id of died and gone to heaven :-)

Did I see Ian Hunters on there this saturday ?
hmm once bitten twice shy !

I've been on google earth today trodding up and down Broad street checking out Jurys and the Brasshouse.

Ill be high as a kite anyway so wont need a drink you know me . T. total :-)

Re:Birmingham : A word of warning 11 years 11 months ago #6407

• essexboybilly
At a guess, Mike, won't the show finsh at something like 10 o'clock?

Re:Birmingham : A word of warning 11 years 10 months ago #6427

• stewart g
Wont be at the pre gig party,but looking forward to catching up with friends old and new after the show, and Judy I won't forget the Acoustic And Pure Cd! :)

Re:Birmingham : A word of warning 11 years 10 months ago #6429

• newiejudy
stewart g wrote:
Wont be at the pre gig party,but looking forward to catching up with friends old and new after the show, and Judy I won't forget the Acoustic And Pure Cd! :)[
Thanks Stewart, & I look forward to meeting you too. Not long to go now!

Judy/quote]

Re:Birmingham : A word of warning 11 years 10 months ago #6440

• cheri
Stewart, I too hope to meet you at the after party. :D How will I recognize you?

Cheri
  • Page: