Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Amerika the brave

Amerika the brave 11 years 10 months ago #6450

• GedKen
Just thinking about Cheri and her devotion to Steve from The States.

Anyone know what happened to Steve in The States? He settled in the West Coast (LA?) didn't he around 1980? And Hobo and Candidate came out of that time? That's about all I know. Sketchy. Can anyone colour in any other bits of the picture?
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Amerika the brave 11 years 10 months ago #6522

• cheri
GedKen wrote:
Just thinking about Cheri and her devotion to Steve from The States.

Anyone know what happened to Steve in The States? He settled in the West Coast (LA?) didn't he around 1980? And Hobo and Candidate came out of that time? That's about all I know. Sketchy. Can anyone colour in any other bits of the picture?
I can't colour in any bits of the picture because I never even heard of Steve before two years ago when I became an avid devotee. BUT, I do have a friend who produces concerts and theater productions and I have told her all about Steve Harley and how great he is. She is interested in bringing him over here. I don't know that she has produced an act as big as Steve, but I will help her as much as possible. We NEED Steve in the States; he is so much better than much of the drivel we get over here. Besides, his concert tickets are proving too expensive for me, what with airfare, hotels, meals, sightseeing and more. It would delight me to the highest to bring him over here to Northern California and have him knock our socks off!! :D He's too much of a treasure to relegate him only to the UK and Europe.

Cheri

Re:Amerika the brave 11 years 10 months ago #6590

• GedKen
Hi Cheri,

perhaps your friend could arrange a small/acoustic tour for Steve - a sort of 'stripped bare to the bones' set-up?

Still intrigued by what happened in those heady days of the early 80s when he was living in the West coast. Two fab albums, he performed out there and hung out with Rod Stewart and Elton John.