Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cavaliers reviewed in Uncut

Cavaliers reviewed in Uncut 11 years 10 months ago #6491

• stewart g
Not seen it myself but my old mate Sean tells me there's a great review of Cavaliers in December's issue of Uncut with an 8 out of 10 rating! :) My copy has arrived, would have gone for ten out of ten myself,but whats a couple of marks between friends? ;) The music really is a joy and without wanting to spoil the listening experience for fans all I can say is cd3 "Alternative versions and Mixes previously unreleased" is fantastic.What a band and what players!I never did get to The Speakeasy or Biba's and those shows have such an important part of the Cockney Rebel history,but after listening to the early versions on CD3 I can definatly undestand why they were queing round the block at The Speakeasy and why there was such a buzz about Cockney Rebel! and why people like Kim Fowley on The Old Grey Whistle Test was predicting great things for Cockney Rebel before anything had been released.Thanks To Steve,Paul,Stuart Milton and Jean-Paul for 4 fab CDS packed with outstanding songs and brilliant playing....Some Collection!!! :)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Cavaliers reviewed in Uncut 11 years 10 months ago #6492

• Mr Raffles
Agree with the review in Uncut and all the other positive comments about the Cavaliers Anthology.My one big question to Steve is why did it take almost 40 years for those 'alternate' versions to get released?? What else have you and EMI got 'up your sleeves??!!!'

Re:Cavaliers reviewed in Uncut 11 years 10 months ago #6493

• stewart g
Mr Raffles....let's hope EMI have loads up their sleeves because the music made after 1974 was just as special but of course in different ways! ;)

Re:Cavaliers reviewed in Uncut 11 years 10 months ago #6494

• SweetHeart
Can someone scan the review and share it here with those who can't read it in this magazine? Like me ...... :)