Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Chamber Choir accompliment

Re:Chamber Choir accompliment 11 years 10 months ago #6660

• Maloc N19
  • a timeless flight is what I am on
Only extremely sad fat tattooed knuckledraggers COYW! But most of them, like Lord Coe and David Mellor are solid upstanding pillars of society, of course!
Outside a Stockholm cafe at the river's edge, we sat and we smiled
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Chamber Choir accompliment 11 years 10 months ago #6671

• ffcforever
  • Primary School PE and School Sports Teacher
Well said Maloc N19! - I am trying not to anatagonise The Phantom too much before Saturday - think we got those football purists Stoke next Saturday, if it were not for the missus coming as well I might have gone to the Britania Stadium before the gig to watch Berby and the boys!

Re:Chamber Choir accompliment 11 years 10 months ago #6685

• Graeme
There are Harley gigs like Bilston and Picturedrome where 'singing along' is essential and part of the occassion, but I agree that next Saturday in Brum is NOT one of those nights. Like you I just want to sit back and let the glorious music, with the addition of orchestra and choir,take me to a wonderful place for 2 hours. I think your worries will come to nothing. :)

Re:Chamber Choir accompliment 11 years 10 months ago #6709

• GedKen
Indeed Graeme, let's all enjoy this in our own ways.

A good friend of mine died suddenly this week - she was only in her mid-forties!

When Harley made those first two albums that have touched all our lives in many ways, who would have ever thought that all these years later we would be still enjoying something so precious?

We're a lot luckier than we think at times.

So, if I do hear some beer-fueled warbling during the night - what the heck - they are only enjoying themselves really; we are all lucky to have made it this far I guess.

'Stay your way' a gifted wordsmith told me a long time ago.

Re:Chamber Choir accompliment 11 years 9 months ago #6788

• Maloc N19
Hi FFC Forever,

Back again! I'm glad you liked it, I thought immediately after posting it 'will this prompt lots of adverse reactions?' as it was sort of tongue in cheek (but only sort of). Since then, Roberto di Matteo has been sacked after losing 0-3 to Juventus (when we only lost 1-3 (I was there) and which ranks with Micky Adams (Keep the Faith, O Great Hero) going after he refused to co-manage with Curlilocks Keegan when MAF took over. Still if you prefer illegally gotten money to actual club legends, what can you hope for?

I had thought about going to Stoke as well (almost the perfect away-day, a FFC / Harley combo, given the location WBA or Villa would have been better for multiple reasons), but with the best will in the world would not be in Brum until about 6.30 and would quite like to see what is going on in The Pitcher and Piano beforehand.

I am very easily recognisable, as am 6ft 4 and a half. If you would like a meet-up before the gig, either wave at very tall strangers or text / call me on 07768-731677.

COYW / Look What They've Done to the Blues!

Re:Chamber Choir accompliment 11 years 9 months ago #6789

• Maloc N19
Hi FFC Forever,

Back again! I'm glad you liked it, I thought immediately after posting it 'will this prompt lots of adverse reactions?' as it was sort of tongue in cheek (but only sort of). Since then, Roberto di Matteo has been sacked after losing 0-3 to Juventus (when we only lost 1-3 (I was there) and which ranks with Micky Adams (Keep the Faith, O Great Hero) going after he refused to co-manage with Curlilocks Keegan when MAF took over. Still if you prefer illegally gotten money to actual club legends, what can you hope for?

I had thought about going to Stoke as well (almost the perfect away-day, a FFC / Harley combo, given the location WBA or Villa would have been better for multiple reasons), but with the best will in the world would not be in Brum until about 6.30 and would quite like to see what is going on in The Pitcher and Piano beforehand.

I am very easily recognisable, as am 6ft 4 and a half. If you would like a meet-up before the gig, either wave at very tall strangers or text / call me on 07768-731677.

COYW / Look What They've Done to the Blues!