Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Chamber Choir accompliment

Chamber Choir accompliment 11 years 10 months ago #6639

• GedKen
I'm looking forward to chilling out in Birmingham in the afternoon, wandering down to the Brasshouse, having a couple of beers and a chat before heading to the concert; then simply blissing out as the two albums wash over me. Heaven.

The Orchestra and choir are bound to be top-class (they are performing with Steve Harley after all).

What I am now dreading are the beered-up, unwanted, unbooked choir of planks who may be dotted around the venue and who may take upon themselves to 'enhance' a work of genius with hackneyed, ale-soaked choruses of 'Steve-O', 'Harley is back, Hello' etc;.... or even worse, joining in with the tracks as they are being performed.

Did this 'joining in' happen much at the (first) February performance in Birmingham? It's meant to be a special night in a Symphony Hall after all. I'm coming along for the best, should I anticipate the worst as well?
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Chamber Choir accompliment 11 years 10 months ago #6645

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
I understand your fears Gedken but i have the feeling the price of the tickets on this special occasion should put paid to that sort of behaviour but having said that I have been known to sing the afformentioned stuff at previous gigs. I think you should trust your fellow Harley followers. x

Re:Chamber Choir accompliment 11 years 10 months ago #6656

• GedKen
Indeed Phantom,

I have happily squawked, stomped and clapped 'oh dear look...', 'smile' and all the rest many times over many years. But not at this one. it needs to be just so.

This would be like having to pay to watch Chelsea play with a couple of drunk Sunday league pub team players joining in to 'help' the side.

Whatever - there is a darn orchestra there - that should drown 'em out anyway.

Only a week away now!

Re:Chamber Choir accompliment 11 years 10 months ago #6657

• ffcforever
  • Primary School PE and School Sports Teacher
People actually 'pay' to watch Chelsea play!

Re:Chamber Choir accompliment 11 years 10 months ago #6658

• GedKen
ffcforever wrote:
People actually 'pay' to watch Chelsea play!

I would have said (existentially) yes; but of course they have already sold their sold to the devil by simply entering the ground. :lol:

A friend of mine, who is a Fulham fan, refers to Chelsea as the 'visitors' to West London. What can he mean?

He also went to see Harley many a time over in Hammersmith! Big FFC contingent of Harley fans! You should get 'Make me smile' adopted as the official FFC tune played when the team come out onto the pitch.

That's an idea for a thread - what Harley song should a team come out to as they trot onto the pitch. Harley's 'local' team may have been Millwall, I suppose they would be happy to come out to 'Death trip'.

Re:Chamber Choir accompliment 11 years 10 months ago #6659

• Hobo With A Grin.
I hope everyone is on their feet for 'Tumbling Down' !

Steve heard about places ringing to 'Oh dear...' after gigs in the 70's.

Let's make it so in the 21st century !