Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Concert Vilvoorde (Belgium) 9/11/2012

Concert Vilvoorde (Belgium) 9/11/2012 11 years 10 months ago #6726

• vosje
Hello Steve, 

Do you ever get fanmail from Belgium? I was there at your concert in Vilvoorde last night - I hope you can pronounce the name of the city better than Arnhem grin- and what a concert it was!

Flemish people are more introvert than the Dutch. That’s the reason why you only heard 12 persons sing in the audience… lol I was one of them! 
I am more or less your age, only one year younger. I was in my twenties when I discovered songs as ‘Sebastian‘ ,‘Mister Soft‘ and ‘Psychomodo’ and I added them to my record collection. After your succesfull period in the seventies, I didn’t hear much about you anymore. It was a great pleasure and honour to meet you again more than thirty years later on stage in Vilvoorde.

I was very much surprised that Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel were not only ‘Sebastian‘ or ‘Make me smile’. I liked in particular your romantic and sometimes melancholic songs which made me shiver from excitement. It was astonishing how you guys, only three!, managed to reproduce such an amazing sound. Great!

In nearly every concert I attended there were always moments when I was bored because the artist couldn’t hold on the same level, but this was never the case yesterday evening and I think that I speak now for most of the audience.
When I talked to friends and acquaintances afterwards I could only feel the good vibrations that you sent to us all. Everybody smiled and was happy. 
It was a nostalgic evening but also an evening that we won’t forget soon. We all hope to see you back in Vilvoorde in the future to hear more of you!
Keep on doing the good stuff!

Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Concert Vilvoorde (Belgium) 9/11/2012 11 years 10 months ago #6729

• jackpot1
It is great for us to read the thoughts of foreign fans, what Steve's live personality and music does, and how it affects them.
Please login/register to post on the forum.