Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Big Day

The Big Day 11 years 9 months ago #6807

• maximus
Well the big day is here.
Some of you including my closest friend who has been my companion at too many of Steve's concerts to remember will be waken up in B/ham excited at the prospect of tonight's concert, the rest will be travelling to the venue with the songs we love playing on earphones to whet the appetites for tonight's proceeding's.
I should have been flying down today, I should have had the buzz of anticipation but alas I can only think of you all with a little (or lot) of jeolousy.
I know that this concert is going to be like Woodstock and for the rest of my life I am going to have to listen to the "I was there" conversations that I will have to listen to, but won't be able to participate in, other than to growl on the peripheral and roll my eyes when no one's looking.
Despite all this I hope each and every one of you who is going tonight arrives safely, has an amazing time at the concert and returns home safely, thus ensuring that in the future they will be able to rub my nose in it with recollection's of tonights events. :(
I have the small crumb of comfort that in two weeks time I will see steve playing at Glasgow, I hope to meet some of you there but please......DON'T MENTION BIRMINGHAM. :woohoo:

To each and every one of you have a great time.... ;)

Jim
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:The Big Day 11 years 9 months ago #6809

• ffcforever
  • Primary School PE and School Sports Teacher
Sorry to hear Maximus that you won't be joining us, but you will be in our thoughts as will everyone who has been unable to get there - remember there are many more of us than seats available and their is, I think, still the possibility of a repeat style performance at the Barbican in 2013!

Re:The Big Day 11 years 9 months ago #6810

• maximus
ffcforever wrote:
Sorry to hear Maximus that you won't be joining us, but you will be in our thoughts as will everyone who has been unable to get there - remember there are many more of us than seats available and their is, I think, still the possibility of a repeat style performance at the Barbican in 2013!

I can but hope

11 years 9 months ago #6811

• Tglyn

Re:The Big Day 11 years 9 months ago #6814

• malcie5
It goes without saying that everyone is going to have a good gig. Heres also hoping a safe return home to all with memories of a night that in Harley history that cannot be repeated. it may be a memory of the trip, the gig, the people, but memories there will be thousands of them. Hopefully those of us that cannot go will be able to read some of these accounts on here. Enjoy every single second of this weekend.